New LST XXL

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's the 3rd bearing mod, only time will tell if it's any better.

Before, notice the over hang from 1st gear.
2012-05-20152409.gif

The kit
2012-05-23143338.gif

Use the longer screw and the short shaft
2012-05-23143711.gif

After
2012-05-23143451.gif

2012-05-23143857.gif

Well, I was out jumping a dirt pile today and I ripped my pipe off along with wrapping the header back into my fuel tank. If you haven't caught on yet, this will be a "Hey, I need a new pipe" thread. I've read that the Dynamite 086 is a great pipe so I'm leaning towards that one but I do plan on getting an ERCM pipe after my move and I get settled in. My question now is, should I get the 086, is there something better for around the same price or should I just grab a stock one from a chop shop?

2012-06-11172947.gif

You sure are good at braking stuff! :hehe: Your best off going with an ERCM pipe. Guaranteed never to brake plus insane power.

Yea, I like to find my weak points and then upgrade. I plan on getting the ERCM pipe but I am about to blow a lot of money on my move to England, so I am more than likely just going to wait until I get settled in over there. Looks like it will get another teardown bath/inspection along with new clutch shoes. Did you replace the springs when you put the Dyn shoes on your's?

Came across a servo that should allow me to run a single servo for my steering.

LMAO that servo would steer yoru 1:1 :p

I tried the 3rd bearing mod on my LST2 back when I had the .26 Dynamite engine and I couldnt get it to work right. Never had a problem running it unmodded though.

The bearing mod seems to work fine on the 454, not sure if there is any real advantage but it makes sense. I had my 2yr old daughter with me when I was jumping it, after one of my jumps, she looked at me and said "Good jump Daddy", I guess I'm teaching her right. She wants the Monster Mutt (puppy truck as she calls it) from Traxxas, I guess it's about time to get it being as she knows that they're made for jumping.

Well I picked up another stock pipe the other day from Ebay, along with a few parts to try on my Rustler, I will just use the stock one for now. I also just won a Hitec HSR-5990TG servo for $45 shipped, it has 333 in/oz with a speed of .17 on 6v and when I switch to a lipo rx pack I'll have 417 and a speed of .14 sec. With this servo I plan on switching to a single steering servo and possibly ditching the servo saver but I will at least get a stiffer saver.

Can i have an auction link plz?

Sent from my XT910 using Tapatalk 2

Yea, he only had the one for sale though.

Let us know how the single servo set up works out. I recently switched out my old JR servos for two hitec 5645's and now I can easily turn the wheels on the ground from a stand still.

Still haven't installed the servo yet but while I was cleaning it and putting it back together and noticed that I split the top of my fuel tank. I still need to order a couple things for the single servo conversion but I'll nock it out soon enough, if it takes too long I'll throw the servo on the Rustler. I just realized that I hadn't posted it before but when I rebuilt it after the big crash I noticed that I had tweaked the roll bar just enough to make me have to pull on it to line the holes up and my servo mounting screws are tweaked.

I'm just waiting on a couple screws to finish the servo install, I have it rigged up now just to test it and I'm impressed with it so far and am looking forward to getting it finished. While I've been working on the truck I decided to spray some bed liner on the inside of my body as well as my roll bar with some extra coats on the top.

2012-07-06201437.gif

2012-07-06205050.gif

Here's my new stand, I saw it somewhere but can't remember so it's not my idea but it works pretty good. I just need to mount a couple "stops" on it to hold the trucks in place, I'm thinking about drilling multiple holes and using a wing nut to allow me to move them and secure different trucks. I would also like to be able to rotate the stand, I may have to get one of my buddies with welding experience to modify it.

A couple pics up where your header is all bent up, is that a f'n primer on the tank? THATS AWESOMESAUCE!

A couple pics up where your header is all bent up, is that a f'n primer on the tank? THATS AWESOMESAUCE!

Yep, they're known for leaking so I pulled it out and sealed it. I'll have to take a pic of my latest seal job. :D

Maybe if it is legit ill have you WP everything I own :hehe:

Well, I snapped my stock steering link, I guess I ordered the BAC HD link just in time. Overdrive RC has some pretty fast shipping, I ordered the link late Fri night, they shipped it on Sat and I got it today. I'm hoping to get it put in this week and go test it out this weekend.

Been a while, I've been away from the rigs for a while lol. I got the BAC link in and installed, I also grabbed a new fuel tank (I think my seal job may have scared a few people...Rolex). I plan on grabbing a couple more HV servos for the throttle and shifter, after that, I'll run a lipo rx pack. Has anyone used the Hitec HS-430BH, looks great for what I need, it has an extra 15oz of torque and is .03 sec faster than the stock. I figure being as I can get 2 for under $30, I may as well give them a shot. I could always grab them for now and then grab a HS-5565MH for the throttle later (it's double the cost of the pair):D.
Has anyone else used the BAC link? I am having a hard time truing my toe, it's like I need slightly shorter rods.