New Losi Night Crawler

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's exactly what I thought... It's the comp crawler with a LED light kit. Instead of releasing it as an add-on (the light kit) they drummed up attention by saying it's a new RC.

Fail.

It's the Losi answer to the Axial RTR aimed at beginners.

For it's intended target audience, it's pretty cool.

It's the Losi answer to the Axial RTR aimed at beginners.

Exactly. I'm disappointed that this was the big release though, I was hoping for something along the lines of a scaler...

Exactly. I'm disappointed that this was the big release though, I was hoping for something along the lines of a scaler...

Yeah. All the hoopla made it seem like an all new rig was coming.

its less rig than the comp, but it cost a lot more..... WTF!?!?! LOSI Get your $#IT TOGETHER!!!!

Alpine, its not like led's are cheap!

oh wait...

its less rig than the comp, but it cost a lot more..... WTF!?!?! LOSI Get your $#IT TOGETHER!!!!

It's the 2.4 radio system it comes with that drives the price up.

Instead of releasing it as an add-on (the light kit) they drummed up attention by saying it's a new RC.

Fail.

Agreed! With all of the hype I was waiting some a little more

WOW Losi really put a lot of thought into this "NEW RELEASE" NOT!!!!!!! Complete and Total EPIC FAIL!!!!!!!!
And if it is the beginner crowd they are targeting then I hope they already did the things that needed to be done to LCC like completely tearing it a part and then rebuilding it making sure to loctite every thing as well as breaking in the axles.:whhooo:

Lmao no kidding. The losi comp crawler needs too much done too it for a complete newb imo. We'll just have to see, although I dont see much point in buying this one when you can get one with front/rear dig, because comps or not-dig is great for all crawling imo.

I'm all over a set of those CVD's when they are released.

My 10 year old son wants a crawler. He calls them climbers. He doesn't like my MRC since it's smaller than the ones he always sees me using. I think the Night Crawler will be a good base for him to start with. Easily upgradeable with comp crawler parts when he's ready and I can throw in the dig tranny from my comp crawler at anytime since I won't be using it. Santa is going to be kind to him this year.

Ugh. Please. Losi. Get some people in who can do this crap properly. I'm getting bored.

Eh, ya know why they don'r shout much about the great 2.4GHz radio gear, and they took the Dig off? Because it ships with the same **2-channel** radio gear the MRC shipped with. Yes it's Spektrum gear and it's 2.4GHz, but it's got absolutely no Dig facility on it so even if you fit one there's no way to control it and you'd be loathed to buy *more* radio gear having already coughed up for the one with it (which adds a good bit to the price).

Someone clearly has been playing with the silly pills at Losi again... *sigh*

Actually from a R&D and business stand point, it is a very smart move on their part.

Keep in mind that this rig is not targeted for you, me or anybody else who already owns a comp level crawler and has their own gear. It is for first timers so it must be a RTR.

Not having dig is a good move in this case since it can have issues. You don't want the dig to screw up and frustrate the first timer. He may shelve it and drop the hobby.

How many Axials come with dig?

Last edited:
Just wait, Axial is gonna be dropping something soon and I can't say what it is, because I dont know lol but I wont be suprised if they used their brains and drop a MOA....Atleast I would really like to see them do that.

Actually from a R&D and business stand point, it is a very smart move on their part.

Keep in mind that this rig is not targeted for you, me or anybody else who already owns a comp level crawler and has their own gear. It is for first timers so it must be a RTR.

Not having dig is a good move in this case since it can have issues. You don't want the dig to screw up and frustrate the first timer. He may shelve it and drop the hobby.

How many Axials come with dig?

While that's true, as others have pointed out the Losi design is overall not friendly got first timers in a number of areas, not just the dig. The axles for one need very close attention (ness Losi supply them broken in and I can't imagine they'd do that - the cost would be prohibitive). Plus if the dig is capable of screwing up the design sucks and needs to be changed IMHO. If a small shop like DNA-RC can product such a nice Axial dig (I have one and I love it to death) then why can't others?

True-enough Axials don't come with dig but the design pre-dates the era when dig was considered a requirement at competition level. It needs updating to keep in competition with the current crop like the Losi and Venom. The RTC from Axial was a bit disappointing really.

The big problem I see is supplying 'get up and running' rigs with no dig is great but unless you run a no-dig class at competitions (we did at the SDR UK Champ this year to make it fair) people without a dig will get crapped on by those with. It's very discouraging. I know because I didn't have one to start with and it annoyed me :) If you aren't competing and you are just taking it for a ride every so often I guess it's not so bad, but 99.9% of people who get proper 2.2 crawlers over here don't have em long before they enter a comp. Maybe it's just something about the British mentality :D

While that's true, as others have pointed out the Losi design is overall not friendly got first timers in a number of areas, not just the dig. The axles for one need very close attention (ness Losi supply them broken in and I can't imagine they'd do that - the cost would be prohibitive). Plus if the dig is capable of screwing up the design sucks and needs to be changed IMHO. If a small shop like DNA-RC can product such a nice Axial dig (I have one and I love it to death) then why can't others?

True-enough Axials don't come with dig but the design pre-dates the era when dig was considered a requirement at competition level. It needs updating to keep in competition with the current crop like the Losi and Venom. The RTC from Axial was a bit disappointing really.

The big problem I see is supplying 'get up and running' rigs with no dig is great but unless you run a no-dig class at competitions (we did at the SDR UK Champ this year to make it fair) people without a dig will get crapped on by those with. It's very discouraging. I know because I didn't have one to start with and it annoyed me :) If you aren't competing and you are just taking it for a ride every so often I guess it's not so bad, but 99.9% of people who get proper 2.2 crawlers over here don't have em long before they enter a comp. Maybe it's just something about the British mentality :D

Well the new worm gears that Losi is sending out now do not need to be broke in. The problem with the old worn gear design was that the gears were cut wrong (gear mesh) from the factory.

As for the dig goes, the dig is not in the transmission, the axles do the dig part. All the transmission does is an internal disconnect, and I agreed Losi design that kinda shoty, with plastic internals WTF were they thinking ?

Another thing people (including myself cause I was bitching about the Losi Comp Crawler) should be thankful for is that these BIG companies Axial,Hpi,Losi,and Tamiya are building stuff for people that want to go buy a truck at their LHS slap some electronics in the truck and go crawling.

Back 4 years ago it was nothing like that. My first comp. rig was 3 pieces of delrin,piano wire, a transmission I robbed from my rustler, TLT-1 axles locked with JB weld, some plastic pede wheels, and O.G. Masher tires.

It was none of this go to a hobby shop or on-line hobby shop fill up your shopping cart with crawler goodies wait a week for your parts to show up and build a crawler on a Friday night and go crawling on Saturday

Not true, 99.9 % of the people were using a dig before the AX-10 came out and if you were not then you were S.O.L. at a comp. There was the R2D transmission and there was the drive shaft collar dig long before that. And even before those two there was the OLD SKOOL D.U.D dig on Clod base rigs.

Back