NEW Losi 8ight-XE Racing Buggy RTR

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DavidB1126

Team Bomb Pop
Supporter
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
  3. Crawling
  4. Scale Builder
Losi:

NEW: Losi 8IGHT-XE - 1/8 4WD Racing Buggy RTR
Performance that racers respect.

Based on the ROAR National Champion TLR 8IGHT-X platform, the 1/8 scale Losi 8IGHT-XE 4WD lets you easily join in RC racing. This ready-to-run buggy includes a smooth, sensored brushless power system and delivers aggressive performance for the win!

_Sensored Spektrum Brushless System
• 2200Kv Motor
• 130A ESC
_Spektrum DX3 Transmitter
• Easy power limiter switch
• SMART battery level indicator
_Spektrum S665 Metal Gear Servo
• 270 oz-in of torque
• .12s speed
_Spektrum SR315 Receiver
• Race transponder ready
• Upgrade using Spektrum TX only
_Exact design as current TLR 8IGHT-XE 2.0
• Full parts cross compatibility
_Paint to complete body
• Includes multi color/option decal sheets

Length: 18.9”
Width: 12.09”
Height: 6.69”
Wheelbase: 12.71”

#Losi #LosiRC #LosiRaceInspired #LosiBuggy #HorizonHobby #Losi8ight #Losi8ightXE #RaceBuggy #RCRaceBuggy #LosiRaceBuggy

https://www.facebook.com/share/v/qVhbNyFyUGhXbsAe/?mibextid=jmPrMh

https://www.horizonhobby.com/produc..._YFR0EpfJvaQKGlAq6P86rJq4sgh-ixejXpZndb8h1giS

Would this be a better starter car for me to get into some 8th scale racing?

Last edited:
I'd like to know what is missing from the RTR to make it equivalent to the kit
They did say design exactly like the 2.0 kit, and full parts cross compatibility.
Could be the same, but for 100 dollars less, guessing lower quality parts like maybe plastic instead of carbon fiber, or the "upgrade" parts comes from the 2.0 kit

Comparing the pictures. It looks identical. Minus all the TLR bronze like anodizing on the metal parts.

Yeah I think the keyword is "design" meaning plastic parts have replaced fundamental upgrades around the blocks/hubs/plates which could potentially cost way more money to buy those separately than buying the kit standalone :(

Yeah I think the keyword is "design" meaning plastic parts have replaced fundamental upgrades around the blocks/hubs/plates which could potentially cost way more money to buy those separately than buying the kit standalone :(
I just hope it comes with diffs on par with the orginal Losi 2.0 truggy RTR. I still have that truggy and it has held up very well along with my race roller truggy.

Seems like i'm the only person preordering to check out.

Welcome in @gtr , I don't believe I seen you sneak in.

Welcome in @gtr , I don't believe I seen you sneak in.
Lol, so i'm out of it since it's been a decade. What is popular now? Peaple moved from 1/10 SCT to 1/10 buggies based popular sales item? I'm still track bashing 1/8 scale since I love the larger track and huge power.

It's hard to say what's popular, all of it is actually. We have a variety of different strokes for different folks here.
I will say that the little micro crawlers are really popular around here.

My local 10th scale tracks around, Mostly 2wd and 4wd buggies now due to their popularity. We still race short course trucks here and there. Actually a decent size group of people have SCTs. But the biggest class at my track is 2wd 17.5 at the most.

Popularity from great to least from what I seen:
2WD Buggy (Stock 17.5 Class at my local)
4WD Buggy (Stock 13.5 Class at my local)
4WD SCT (Modified Class at my local)
4WD Mini Truggy (Modified Class at my local)
2WD Stadium Truck (usually Stock 13.5 at my local)
2WD SCT (not sure as I rarely see them but usually its 13.5)

At the older tracks in my area as there were smaller groups of people racing their, it was mostly 2wd/4wd buggies. Rarely saw any SCTs or stadium trucks. Although, back in time around 2014 - 2017ish, 4WD SCT was huge at both indoor carpet tracks in my area. Then SCT died off. Moved to buggies. Mod, and then to stock class racing. Now mod is making a comeback from what I seen locally as we have been doing combined stock/mod classes because we don't have enough people to do separate classes. In racing, its constantly up and down in racing class popularity.

Losi:

NEW: Losi 8IGHT-XE - 1/8 4WD Racing Buggy RTR
Performance that racers respect.

Based on the ROAR National Champion TLR 8IGHT-X platform, the 1/8 scale Losi 8IGHT-XE 4WD lets you easily join in RC racing. This ready-to-run buggy includes a smooth, sensored brushless power system and delivers aggressive performance for the win!

_Sensored Spektrum Brushless System
• 2200Kv Motor
• 130A ESC
_Spektrum DX3 Transmitter
• Easy power limiter switch
• SMART battery level indicator
_Spektrum S665 Metal Gear Servo
• 270 oz-in of torque
• .12s speed
_Spektrum SR315 Receiver
• Race transponder ready
• Upgrade using Spektrum TX only
_Exact design as current TLR 8IGHT-XE 2.0
• Full parts cross compatibility
_Paint to complete body
• Includes multi color/option decal sheets

Length: 18.9”
Width: 12.09”
Height: 6.69”
Wheelbase: 12.71”

#Losi #LosiRC #LosiRaceInspired #LosiBuggy #HorizonHobby #Losi8ight #Losi8ightXE #RaceBuggy #RCRaceBuggy #LosiRaceBuggy

https://www.facebook.com/share/v/qVhbNyFyUGhXbsAe/?mibextid=jmPrMh

https://www.horizonhobby.com/produc..._YFR0EpfJvaQKGlAq6P86rJq4sgh-ixejXpZndb8h1giS

Would this be a better starter car for me to get into some 8th scale racing?
I saw it when it first came out and i took a peak at it on HH's website It's interesting but i don't have a local 1\8 RC dirt or clay track near by my city of OKC in my State of Oklahoma it would be an interesting class for me to try out if i had a track more close to me and i would be very interested in getting this buggy. I also got reinterested in Losi cars and trucks since my favorite all time Losi is coming back in stock this July. Can anyone guess which one it could be? It's a short course truck and it's mahoosive, and i did some quick financing and in a year i would be able to afford it summer of next year.

I love the fact it comes with semi clear body. A sensored setup... I think Losi/HH has a hit on their hands. But, being a Horizon Hobby "thing"/product, they'll screw things up. Sorry, it's just a weird vibe I get while trying to navigate their website.

Back