NEW Hobbywing EzRun Max8 G2S

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DavidB1126

Team Bomb Pop
Supporter
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
  3. Crawling
  4. Scale Builder
Hobbywing:

HOBBYWING New Product Announcement!!!
EzRun MAX8 G2S, a new version of MAX8 G2. Let's take a look at some differences between these two versions of the ESC.

The MAX8 G2S has built-in Bluetooth module which is convenient for connecting HW Link V2 App directly to perform parameter settings, data reading, firmware upgrades other operations.

A frameless fan and the newly fan intelligent start and stop function ensure that the ESC is always in the optimal operating temperature.

If you want to know more info, please click this link: www.bit.ly/49CusHn
#RC #hobbywingesc #esc #rcmodel #rccarracing #rccar #racing #rccars #hobbywingtechnology #rchobby #rcscale #rccommunity #rclife #hobbywing #EZRUN #ezrunesc

FB_IMG_1713266826854.jpg

FB_IMG_1713266828982.jpg

FB_IMG_1713266831267.jpg

FB_IMG_1713266833440.jpg

Last edited:
Neat, Although i've been starting to waver away from Hobbywing since i heard some of their G2 esc's aren't as reliable as the old G1's. One of my favorite RC tubers had a Max 8 G2 go up in smoke on him and HW refused to warranty him it made him not buy them and started buying Castles instead. But i haven't had issues with Castle or Hobbywing products i think they're both great although everything has limits and breaking points.

Oh dear caslte cremations, every mamba monster I had went up in smoke...and an xl2.
Been years since those days, maybe I'm getting to easy on my things ... lol
I know I just doomed myself with carma!
Have lots of types and I must just be lucky or not taking them past their limits, just up to.

Oh dear caslte cremations, every mamba monster I had went up in smoke...and an xl2.
Been years since those days, maybe I'm getting to easy on my things ... lol
I know I just doomed myself with carma!
Have lots of types and I must just be lucky or not taking them past their limits, just up to.
Yeah, i know about how they used to catch fire although i only have their newer ESC's mine are the mamba monster x 8s in my XO-1 and a Copperhead 10 in my Hoss and everything's been perfect except i tore my CH10's fan wire and need to replace the fan on that esc but other than that it still works. I only had 1 HW Max 10 SCT esc go up in smoke but that happened due to me soldering the connector polarity backwards. Also i learned that in RC you need to use connectors that are suitable for the Amp ratings of the ESC you're using. Like for example for a 1\10 - 1\8 esc's XT90\EC5 style connectors work well but for ESC above 150a continuous or esc's for 1\7 - 1\5 it's good to use Castle 6.5mm or 8mm or QS8 8.0mm connectors\bullets for those applications and make sure you have a good solder connection. I learned that from several youtube RC experts like Rhouse21 R\C Physics, Raz Shifrin and many others.

I'll say one thing is sure about the new stuff... I've had miss haps with reverse connections, but the first time I used my kyosho usa 1 ecelectric I pulled a real smooth move .. it's rated to 4s, so i put in two 4s, for weight balance, then I was to make a parrallel connector but somehow I jumped forward a step and plugged them in series giving the esc 8s. Didn't catch on at first, light on esc was just flashing. Then I saw my mistake! Dropped it down to just 4s and it was fine! It seems like a hobbywing max 10 sct but kyosho slapped a 8 on the fan to make it good for 1/8th scale. But I have to say it worked very good in that big tire light truck. Still have it but for some reason I put a 8bl150 and 6s motor.... ouhps! 4s is more than you can drive in that truck

20230817_100634.jpg

20230817_100416.jpg

I'll say one thing is sure about the new stuff... I've had miss haps with reverse connections, but the first time I used my kyosho usa 1 ecelectric I pulled a real smooth move .. it's rated to 4s, so i put in two 4s, for weight balance, then I was to make a parrallel connector but somehow I jumped forward a step and plugged them in series giving the esc 8s. Didn't catch on at first, light on esc was just flashing. Then I saw my mistake! Dropped it down to just 4s and it was fine! It seems like a hobbywing max 10 sct but kyosho slapped a 8 on the fan to make it good for 1/8th scale. But I have to say it worked very good in that big tire light truck. Still have it but for some reason I put a 8bl150 and 6s motor.... ouhps! 4s is more than you can drive in that truck

View attachment 188015

View attachment 188016
Pretty truck you got there heard about those and the nitro version they're cool. The next RC i plan to get is a Rustler 4x4 Ultimate in green this year to replace a Slash 4x4 HCG since i plan to sell it to a friend of mine and i'm trying cut back on how many slashes i have to try something new.

Ya, I hear ya. I got an earlier version of that truck in nitro form. I also know what wanting to try something new feels like, I just can't seem to let go of the last one. Much to my girlfriends disappointment

View attachment 188027

View attachment 188028

View attachment 188029
Awesome collection bro, I should show my current one someday but one of my truck torn down into a million pieces right now and would like to get it back together before my next collection pic. I now have a longterm goal of getting either a new X-Maxx Ultimate in Blue or just a new X-Maxx belted tire edition in Blue.