New fuel question...

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gettinintoit

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I bought more fuel this weekend and I went with O'Donnell 20%...the guy at the hobby shop said it was good stuff, But of course he would it was 27.50 a gallon. Anyone heard of it and is it good?

Yes, I've heard of it, I use it myself. It is a great fuel, I run it in all my rcs. But your lhs is a little on the expensive side, I got my last few gallons for about $22-$23 per gallon. My two favorites are Odonnell 20%, and Trinity Monster 20%.

Wow, I am getting jipped, my LHS charges 29 bucks.

yeah i figured it was a little high...it was more expensive the traxxas top fuel....it seems to be running good. Today its 78 degrees in Stillwater and i was wondering do i lean it or richen it when the temp goes up?

Higher Humidity ----- set slightly leaner
Higher Barometirc Pressure ----- set richer
Higher Temperature ----- set leaner
Higher Altitude ----- set leaner
Higher Nitro % ----- set richer

A whole write up on tuning situations comes with the car, Digital has it pretty much covered.

Odon 20% is all I run in all of my R.C.'s as well.

I love the smell of it too. Talk about oily! RIGHT ON! It will look like dark maple syrup when it comes out of your exhaust. Dont fret, thats NORMAL!

Great fuel man, GREAT fuel!

speaking of fuels i have a question. i have been using 20% blue thunder, but i wanted to switch to o'donnell. the thing is my LHS only has 30% o'donnell would it be ok to go from 20% blue thunder to 30% o'donnell? would it be worth switching both brand and nitro% at the same time? is blue thunder better than o'donnell?

I have heard mixed things about switching fuels. Some people tell me that you should only use the fuel that you broke the engine in with and other people say it's ok to switch al long as you run it rich for a while and then slowly retune it. Is it really all that necessary to allow the engine to get acclimated to the new fuel?

Last edited:
Back