New Firestorm -- no power, lsn, and servo saver?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glass Bullet

RCTalk Qualifier
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Bad thing guys. So I started preparing my new storm today and was planning on breaking it in. I put in all the batteries, did all the antenna stuff, turned it on and.....nothing happened! There is no movement in the steering or throttle what-so-ever! I replaced the batteries, checked the connections, checked the crystals, and still nothing. I think it has something to do with the power supply on the car because the servos don't even twitch when the car is on but the remote is off. I'm sure all the batteries are in the right when and all the connections that I can check are secure. Any ideas on how to fix this?

Also, how do you access the LSN? Just get a tiny screw driver?

And where is the servo saver for the steering servo? Is it inside the servo or somewhere in the linkage? A picture would be helpful.

Thanks in advance

The servo saver is the plastic part that connects the servo gear to the steering linkage. On the Storm it will look almost like a 1:1 steering arm.

As for the power issue: Make sure your battery pack is actually plugged into the receiver.

It's connected to the receiver. Do you think it could be the switch that is faulty?

ok so i fixed the power problem.

and for the servo saver, is it the thing that is partially sticking out of the whole in front of the upper deck, or is it somewhere else underneath?

So now that i got the power fixed i'm trying to break it in and this thing is a beezy to start. I've already ripped up some skin in between my fingers. any tips? It's not flooded, i primed it, glow plug is good and ignitor is charged, i tried heating it up with a hair dryer. I got it to fire once but (stupid me) i forgot to turn on the remote so i had to shut it off right away or else it would have taken off.

This is the servo saver:

nxsxz5.jpg

I'll give that ago. I forgot to mention that the fuel is nearly a year old. oops. that's probably an important part. but it was stored in a cabinet in the cool garage sealed. should it still be good?

and awesome that's what i tightened. thanks for the picture

Call me crazy but that is a servo horn, not a servo saver. Am I missing something?
Anyways on to your engine, turn the throttle trim up a bit until the engine idles on it's own. Keep the wheels off the ground for the first tank, that's probably what the manual says. At this point don't be concerned with the wheels turning, they are supposed to. The engine needs a "load" on it to break in properly.

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure that picture has both. If i'm not mistaken, then servo horn is in the center of the circle and the servo saver is in the upper left portion of the circle, where that little nut is

ok so i got it started and i'm breaking it in. thanks for the help. i think i'll be good for now

That's odd for a servo saver, I just had to ask. I never paid it any attention on the two trucks I messed with.

oh wait. i forgot about the LSN issue. The only way i have found to adjust it is to use small scrap of metal and some pliers. any better method that you folks know of?

ok nevermind again. i got it. i just had to use the corner of a long screwdriver. it's defiantly a design flaw, but i suppose once you get it tuned you don't have to touch it

Have faith in me, Scrogg! On this I am certain.

I do bud, I just wanted it explained because I did not know( for once, it'll never happen again!:hehe:). Learn something new everyday!

Back