New Engine!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JohnSampson

RCTalk Racer
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I'm going to buy a new engine, i want a engine that will fit in the nitro 4 tec.
i have a $200 price range

i dont want to get another trx3.3

Id say a dynamite .19tx They are a good engine. Youll have around 150 in it by the time you get backplate and pull start.

You may consider rebuilding the 3.3.. stay with me.. use a Daves diesel rod and use a new piston sleeve and use a Losi 3.4 carb. It will be a completely different engine!! Youll have a good engine that will whip the tail off of alot of other cars for about 130..

Last edited:
I will buy that 3.3 off ya if you want to sell it.

With that engine I think I need a bump start. Do you know which one will work with the nitro 4 tec?

For the os engine

Last edited:
With that engine I think I need a bump start. Do you know which one will work with the nitro 4 tec?

For the os engine
Opps! Sorry. I run a bump start on almost all my stuff except the 4 Tec still has the Ez starter on it (of which I plan to put on a pull starter when I get around to it.)
I'll have to give it some thought about another engine suggestion.

You can make just about any starter box fit any rc with a little shimming and or reconfiguration of the starter box (and the correct flywheel).
You will also want to consider your header options to fit the engine you pick as the trx header only fits a few correctly.

do you know one that will fit without modification?