New build coming up

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
just go with a mamba or sidewinder, bec, and 3s and you will be set!!! no you dont limit anything, when you get the esc and bec, just make sure you cutoff voltage on the esc is set properly or you will f you lipo up, if you go 3s, you can do auto lipo cutoff or set it manually at 3 per cell, so like 6 for 3s, 9 for 3s, mines set at 9.3, i think lol, havent looked at it for a while...but then on the bec you just bump it up to 6v so the servo is getting the proper power and you are set!!!!

Just won some used Kamikaze stuff on e-bay, so now I'll have high clearance delrin links, delrin skid,delrin BTA steering link, and a 3.5 chassis if i decide not to run the traxxas big bore shocks. The links already have ends on them too.

congrats man, thats all nice stuff!!!

now if i can talk the guy into ending an auction early that he just put up and adding the grabbers to my total.... If not then I might be bidding on some tires in 6 and a half days.

dude i LOVED my grabbers.....BUT....i like the rovers more and would recomend them over the grabbers, or you can try the chisels too from proline, they are getting great reviews....

heres a vid of the chisels in action, if i decide to try any other tires besides these rovers I'm running it will be the chisels...

Last edited by a moderator:
I've thought about the chisels, seem to be a good tire too.

yeah their design is simular to the rovers and the rovers just dominate!!! the grabbers were so damn cool imo because they just looked mean! and they do very good but the rovers do better on all types of terrain imo.

yeah delrin links are very nice cuz they are slick as hell and dont grab like aluminum....

You do realize that it says those are upper links not lower links right? not sure how Delrin upper links would help much other then looking cool, but some lower Delrin links would be cool as far as helping slide over stuff.

You could get these to http://cgi.ebay.com/ROCK-CRAWLER-AX...44028QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1713.m153.l1262

Last edited:
sure enuff lol, i only saw delrin links and stopped reading lol....$10 for lowers is a pretty good price too, to bad their straight.

I realize they are uppers, I would think the delrin links would be lighter than aluminum, therefore keeping the COG lower. Do you guys think the delrin links would be lighter? I doub't they would be lighter than hollow aluminum links, but I've read about the hollow ones bending, but I could be wrong.

oh yeah they can bend, I've bent a few sets of lowers but they were some crazy falls....

Yep seen bent lowers but never bent uppers, but hey there is a first time for every thing, LOL!!!!!!

I think the delrin uppers would be the best mix, light but strong. I haven't heard of much broken delrin parts, but then again I'm rather new at this too.

rollinlow, I just bought almost an entire KK 3.5 chassis kit off ebay, so I will have those KK high clearance lowers, I'm looking to buy some delrin uppers to keep the weight down low, I think the delrin uppers would be the better mix of wieght savings\strength compared to hollow aluminum uppers.

^^^couldnt hurt

rollinlow, I just bought almost an entire KK 3.5 chassis kit off ebay, so I will have those KK high clearance lowers, I'm looking to buy some delrin uppers to keep the weight down low, I think the delrin uppers would be the better mix of wieght savings\strength compared to hollow aluminum uppers.

o yea should work good then

can't wait to see this build up