new buggy wont start

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

quicklex

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Haveing a problem getting it started. Everything checks out ok glow plug is good I primed it but it wont turn over. I've adjusted the LSN a little but still nothing. Any advice?

Have you checked your carb gap? If you have to put a little fuel in the carb directly just about a half a cap full if it fires then dies your idle is prob to low or your lsn is too lean.

won't turnover or won't start big difference if it won't turnover try heating the cyilinder head with a hair dryer or lossen the plug just a little and try it

Is the buggy brand new? Is the engine broken in?

I'm going to assume its new and not broken in just going off your title. If you set a 1mm gap on your carb, make sure you prim it well. after the fuel gets to the carb give it one more pull. if you flood it take out your plug, turn it upside down and pull it a few times. After its primed open the carb up a touch with the trim and be ready to turn it down if she starts. Also do you have the ring on your plug? don't forget that though I don't know if it well keep it from starting.

Try heating the engine up with a hair dryer/heat gun then try to start it.

If it is new,be sure to follow the break-in procedure in your manual. If it's cold outside,I don't recommend trying to break-in a new engine.

Have you checked your carb gap? If you have to put a little fuel in the carb directly just about a half a cap full if it fires then dies your idle is prob to low or your lsn is too lean.

Thanks guys. I got it to fire up but it dies in a couple seconds. I'm gonna adjust the lsn and idle screw. Yes its a new engine gonna be pretty warm today so I'm tryin to break it in.

finally got it with a lot of patience. Its running great

hey guys,i have a stupid ? I was messing with my sirio tx18 and decided to put the turbo head on it.so i wanted to change the head shim and went to the lhs and the guy said i dont put a shim on the turbo head.i dont think he knows what hes talking about.does anybody know any thing about this,i think hes talking about the glow plug gasket,thanx

---------- Post added at 10:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:28 AM ----------

sorry, i didnt mean to jack your tread. i posted it wrong ment to start new tread.my bad