New and looking for Street cars

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eL ChiNo LoCo

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Hi, I'm new, and I just recently got into this, only because my friend Kyle brought his Buggee to school and drove it around for english class. I'm looking for street type rc cars. Does anyone have any links to sites with nothing but street rc.c's? Thanks

Hi and welcome to the boad. As for street cars do you mean touring?

I don't know if there are any actual sites dedicated to strictly on-road, but what exactly are you looking for? Are you looking for a kit or a RTR (ready to run)? Nitro or Electric?

Team Associated makes an excellent road car. They offer the TC3 either in electric or nitro.

HPI also has several cars. Mainly the Super Nitro RS4 or the Electric RS4.

There's Team Losi has XXX-S, which is electric.

Then you get into the higher end cars like Mugen and Serpent.

Let us know exactly what you're looking for and we could help you out better.

If you're looking for more information regarding on-roads, here's the link: On-Road

I meant more like Toyota Supras, Mercedes, and Escalade type rc cars, nitro of course. Can you tell me what all that means like the XXX-S and the other things mean? I'm kinda new at this

The shell means nothing. Its all about the chassis.
So if you get the right chassis, it doesn't matter if its Escalade, Porsche,Ferrari, Yugo or Beetle. The shell is just for looks.

But if you are looking for quality, Team Associated rocks da house.

Thomas

the tc3 rtr is a good car. it is also fast it gos about 45 mph

i would think for a first timer, an rc10gt would be a good car. although it is not made for street, it is capable of street, rough asphalt or gravel, even dirt and grass. yoiu will find that with a few modifications (mainly just tires) this truck will run good just about anywhere. even if you dont go with the rc10gt, i would still recomend a team associted. maybe a tc3 or something along those lines.

You can chose the body for the car of your choice. Supra,civic,etc.. It's up to u what car u want.

Back