Needing geeks

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rolex

Hoof Hearted
In Memoriam
Supporter
Military Veteran
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Flying
I have a huge computer, and the USB, flash drives, mike and headphone inputs are on top. Every time I have to plug something in I have to stand up to see what I'm doing.
I'm primarily interested in USB inputs and was wondering if there's a panel that will fit in a disc drive bay so I can plug in from the front. I have 5 drive bays and 2 are still empty.

I have a huge computer, and the USB, flash drives, mike and headphone inputs are on top. Every time I have to plug something in I have to stand up to see what I'm doing.
I'm primarily interested in USB inputs and was wondering if there's a panel that will fit in a disc drive bay so I can plug in from the front. I have 5 drive bays and 2 are still empty.
Do you have a 3.5 Drive bay or just 5.25??

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...e=internal_usb_hub-_-9SIA50M2KT5663-_-Product

Is this what you are talking about. or Something Like it.

It's good to have to stand up once in awhile.:thumbs-up:

It's good to have to stand up once in awhile.:thumbs-up:
Yeah, but I also have to turn on a ceiling light to see what I'm doing. It's always been annoying.
The one @HPIguy posted is perfect. It's the floppy size in the CD tray frame. Just a push of a button and the door will open for the extra USB ports.
THANK YOU, THANK YOU. :cheers:

This is it, this is perfect...
51pt59dHc3L._SL1200_.jpg

Make sure that you know how it connects to the computer (USB plug, mother board header pins, etc.) before you buy. The one you pictured there @Rolex is a Superspeed USB 3.0 hub.

Thanks for that heads up, @hamz9561 . I have a 3.0 on top but that's not what I need. I need 2.0 for game controllers, GPS chargers and updates, etc.

This one does both USB 3 and 2.

The Model number is 9SIA50M2KT5663 it is sold thru Newegg for about $16.

Attachments

• rolexusbhub.jpg
    rolexusbhub.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 124
Well, one link led to another and here's what I came up with:

71HBz99LBuL._SL1000_.jpg

It will fit in a drive bay and will sit behind a flip out door in my computer. (Below)
C4.jpg

Found it at Amazon for $17.00. ALL 2.0 hubs. I still have a 3.0 on top.

I have a 3.0 on top, but everything I need is for 2.0. Certain upgrades might be needed for some of my peripherals and might not be available or upgradable, from what I understand.
Amazon also choked me with almost $9 shipping.

Back