Need some RC recommendations!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KeepOnKeepnOn

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Crawling
I have a 10th scale fully modded 3s stunt truck so I have a TX. Budget $1000 usd. 1/8th scale 6s since I have 3s batteries already. Roller/slider or RTR. Want something that jumps, handles well and straight puts the power down. Jumps as in bike tracks and general natural hills. No stunts and around 5' high at most off the jumps. Mostly will run at an athletic park. Soccer, baseball feilds and the occasional bike track. Thax in advanced.

Last edited:
I have a 10th scale fully modded 3s stunt truck so I have a TX. Budget $1000 usd. 1/8th scale 6s since I have 3s batteries already. Roller/slider or RTR. Want something that jumps, handles well and straight puts the power down. Jumps as in bike tracks and general natural hills. No stunts and around 5' high at most off the jumps. Mostly will run at an athletic park. Soccer, baseball feilds and the occasional bike track. Thax in advanced.

https://www.amainhobbies.com/arrma-...shless-monster-truck-black-ara8708t1/p1533988

Arrma truck.jpg

Last edited:
I agree with @Donk! great truck, great stock electronics and pretty durable. iirc you can get 10% (15% if you sign up) off from towerhobbies.

You can see how durable it is from how many times I face planted and only had my pinion come off 🤣

I agree with @Donk! great truck, great stock electronics and pretty durable. iirc you can get 10% (15% if you sign up) off from towerhobbies.

You can see how durable it is from how many times I face planted and only had my pinion come off 🤣
Your diffs been holding up with in reason?

Our Kraton 6s has never broke anything. But it has a lot of M2C upgrades that help out a lot.

The Mojave sounds like it may be exactly what you are looking for though.

Mojave is not that great at jumps, from what I heard anyhow.

Mojave is not that great at jumps, from what I heard anyhow.
It's perfect for the type of jumps he described. It's just not a stunt truck for doing flips and such. Which he said he is not looking for.

Last edited:
Welcome to the club, and glad you're here. Can't wait to see what you get. :thumbs-up: . A SCT will tend to parachute, as well as being a bit lower to the ground. 🏁

Welcome to the club, and glad you're here. Can't wait to see what you get. :thumbs-up: . A SCT will tend to parachute, as well as being a bit lower to the ground. 🏁
The Mojave has an open canopy. No parachuting allowed.

I was about to say you just described a 6s Kraton or a 6s Mojave. Get both in V5 BLX, add $180 to the budget, have both.

I was about to say you just described a 6s Kraton or a 6s Mojave. Get both in V5 BLX, add $180 to the budget, have both.
Yeah, good idea! We have the Kraton and I'd love to have the Mojave. If we had the Mojave, I'd want the Kraton. For that budget, you could possibly find a good deal on a used one of each even. But new is of course better.

Which one handles the best? Kraton or Mojave

Which one handles the best? Kraton or Mojave
I would imagine the Mojave would run circles around the Kraton on any kind of track. The Kraton is more of an all out basher. It will flip and roll if you try to corner hard, but it's amazing how far you can push it before it does. They are two totally different animals. I really don't think you can go wrong with either.

Watched some videos. The Mojave 6s looks to be the one. Tough, fast, handles extremely well. Most of all puts the power down to the ground. Anytime I get my 3s basher a lil over 55mph I'm just blown away by that speed. Thats as fast as I would ever need. Unless I lived where there were dunes. Highly unlikely! Anyways.....Hell ya! I'm excited and Thanx again.