I need some help….

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

savagefan04

Hardcore RCTalk User
Supporter
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
With deciding on what to do –

I consider you guys pretty much an extension of my family so I’m reaching out to you for some help, opinions and guidance.

Lately I’ve been fighting the itch to buy a new RC, I’m just not sure what to get/do. I’ve looked at just everything that interests me in RC. Large scale, 8th scale, trucks, buggies even the new venom bike. Help me! When I think I’m locked in on something I see something else and want that…

Right now I have about 900 bucks saved and I’ve been following the new Venom Bike for about yr and the new SC8e has really peaked my interest – that is until last night when I saw the new Redcat 1/5 4WD electric buggy. I’m pretty much sold on the bike, so the main issue is do I get the SC8e or the new Redcat that’s due out in about 2-3 weeks.

I currently have 4 bajas (B/T/Shorty and soon to be converted T to the SC model). I also have a Slash and a Savage that I’m just about done converting to electric. If you had the money, what would get; the redcat buggy or the Sc8e? Both are RTR, have 2.4 radios and cost similar when you consider the need to get batteries for the SC8e (the redcat comes with 2 lipos). I mostly bash with the occasional trip to a track.

Help me….Please

Let me here your thoughts and reasoning behind it.

Thanks
Gabe

Wow tough call. Which is actually "best" is a personal preference. I don't generally like buggies but I haven't seen the one in question. I have an SC8(nitro),but there's no racing class for it here otherwise I love it. It's a solid vehicle.

I think if it were me I would ask my self which one would I get the most use out of, which one has the most available space to played with, and which one has the best local parts support, I have never been a big fan of Red Cat RC's so that rule that one out , there is no place to race a SC8e where locally, so for me that just leaves the Venom Bike, not sure about parts support but there is plenty of asphalt and parking lots around to play with it, so if I had to choose that would be my choice.

I think if it were me I would ask my self which one would I get the most use out of, which one has the most available space to played with, and which one has the best local parts support, I have never been a big fan of Red Cat RC's so that rule that one out , there is no place to race a SC8e where locally, so for me that just leaves the Venom Bike, not sure about parts support but there is plenty of asphalt and parking lots around to play with it, so if I had to choose that would be my choice.

^^This pretty much sums up my reasoning these days. I love my pede, but it needs a lot of room to stretch it out though. It sounds like you already have a nice big collection that covers most bases as well Savage Fan. It would be the bike for me no doubt, I can go right out in the parking lot at my apt and rip it up. I will buy one eventually, as I've been waiting on it too, it's just gonna be a while as there are other things I need. My wants can wait.

Personally, I would get the bike. It's another step up on the learning curve for me. I've already had everything else. Planes, jets, lots of things on 4 wheels, nitro and electric...Just making the step into brushless now. I have boats and helis, also nitro and electric. The bike would be something totally different, and a whole new challenge.

thanks for the opinion guys. please keep them coming.

i'm pretty much sold on the bike - so thats done. now i need help on picking between the redcat and SC8e. i was considering the Sc8e for the ease of just dropping in a battery and playing in the yard and not pissing off the neighbors with a loud gasser.

here is a link to the redcat buggy. hope this helps...

http://www.redcatracing.com/RC-Cars/1-5-Scale/Rampage-XB-E-Electric

I would recommend the SC8e over the Redcat. The Bike looks like fun and had had very good reviews.

I would get the Redcat over the SC8E.

Did I just recommend a Redcat? Wow.

so a red redcat and a red bike... :)

I like that Redcat is breaking new ground in offering a RTR 1/5 scale electric 4WD. However, I think the way they are marketing this rig is for people new to the hobby and those who value price over performance. Just from the video from their site, the guy who does the review sounds like he's a nedly in the way he describes the parts and features on the buggy. The HobbyWing ESC is a pretty cheap unit. The drivetrain sounds rough, listen to it when he is coasting off throttle.

That being said, I'd get it. Swap out the ESC, get that drivetrain shimmed and running smooth. Then put in some higher capacity 6S packs. The size and fact that it is 4WD is pretty badass. Even if it turns out to be a turd, it would be one I'd be willing to polish. lol

Is $799 MSRP or street price?

SD - thanks for infor the ESC. i did not realize that. the 799 is the street price.
more to think about since the SC8e comes with the CC electronics....hmmm