Need help making a decision on what rc to get!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

traxxas t-maxx

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Well I have been out of the rc world for probably 5 years now and I miss it! I want to get back into it but I don't know what to get, I had a t-maxx 2.5 before but I don't know what to get now. I have no desire to race it; just to bash, I race my dirt bike, but at track I get bored and want something to do. So my ideas are between the t-maxx and the revo, of course the revo is more expensive and everything, but its also "cooler". I don't care if its a 2.5 or a 3.3 just no .15, I don't know about buying new I would rather it be used but in nice shape. Let me know everyone's ideas I need help! I'm looking to spend about 200.:D

200$ for a nice revo or tmaxx lol,good luck with that

If $200 is your budget you wont find any new Revo's or Maxx's. Also for that price you are probably going to fin something either severly beaten or needing all sorts of upgrades. Good luck with the search

Why not just spend the extra money and get something that hasn't been beat up a bunch of times and has who knows what else that is messed up or lurking in wait to break? It would suck to buy one and right off the bat have to toss a bunch of money to make it work.

I like the T-Maxx, but it can be very unforgiving if you run it into something. Every time I bump or jump something with it I worry that I broke a bulkhead or a control arm. I haven't tried the Revo, but both my Maxx's have the 3.3 and they're screamers right out of the box. I really like the Maxx, and while I haven't owned a Revo, I've been around enough of them to say that in my opinion you really can't go wrong on either one. It will come down to how much you really want to spend.

The question that I have is how much gear do you have left from when you got out of the hobby? If you sold everything then you definitely need to add some cash to that budget because support gear is gonna cost atleast 100 bucks if you have to buy batteries and a charger for the ez start. Plus you would need a glo warmer, battery for the warmer, tools, fuel bottle and etc. Not trying to discourage you from getting back in but the only way to get back in is to buy what you need in stages. I've seen tmaxxes go for 200 on Craigslist but they're hit and miss. Good luck and let us know what you decide to do.

I have mostly everything from the hobby still we still have a nitro evader but I never drive it, I think I made my decision though, I found on ebay a chassis all tore apart but brand new I think I'm going to build from the ground up and make it the way I want it.