Need help engine change

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Took some measurements off the head, you will have to take the same measurements too to confirm.
20190227_131839.jpg

All 3 measurements are roughly correct within a half mm what dose the middle one please I couldn't read your writing that well. Sorry mate

all good i was on lunch and writing fast as i was needing to get back to work, its 3mm approximately deep of a step from the outer edge of the glow plug button to the deck of the head the 14mm measurement might have been a bit closer to 13.7mm or so but all i had was a straight edge ruler.
hope that helps!

I'm using a ruler too haha what level

Attachments

• 15513012047705976667290987436303.jpg
    15513012047705976667290987436303.jpg
    214.1 KB · Views: 139
It's bang on 3mm from the very first cooling fin mate

mine did not have that outer ring machined in, mine has shims, the measurement would be off the outer ring (not where the screw holes are) to the tallest point.
about how tall is that on yours?
that outer ring is whats going to sit on the piston sleeve, so won't have issues of impacting, but if its further away will lower your compression ever so slightly, i dont know if that will be equatable to any running difference or not.

mine did not have that outer ring machined in, mine has shims, the measurement would be off the outer ring (not where the screw holes are) to the tallest point.
about how tall is that on yours?
that outer ring is whats going to sit on the piston sleeve, so won't have issues of impacting, but if its further away will lower your compression ever so slightly, i dont know if that will be equatable to any running difference or not.
that and there are shims between the sleeve and cooling head anyway typically between 1-4 of them.

From the part that sit on top of the piston sleave is 3mm from the base to the top part of the part that has the plug screwed in

From that part to the top mate

Attachments

• 15513023877675946536068563544829.jpg
    15513023877675946536068563544829.jpg
    162.9 KB · Views: 132
same dimensions then, so should work!
is about 8$ for the head, which is kind of funny because on ebay its still 35$+. Up to you on if you want to pull the trigger, but everything that matters that was just measured, line up the same.

Correct replacement bro? I live in the uk

Yeah dude would prefer if I was in the us tho bro. The one I just showed you a photo off is the correct one dude ??

yes sorry! part numbers are the same and looks like the one i received for mine!

Yeah dude would prefer if I was in the us tho bro. The one I just showed you a photo off is the correct one dude ??
when you do happen to get it should post some pictures of it installed! will match your shocks too lol

Okay I will do mate thnk you so much for helping me keep racing :)

of course! had a bunch of people helping me, doing what i can to help others too!
that and dont think anyone likes looking at their truck on the bench unable to run!
still going to go for a new engine or gonna stick with the .21 for now?
here is a vid of my .21 AE MGT (weighs 12.3lbs aprox) , (the engine is very rich in the video, needles are set to factory settings at the time)
i dont have any of my .28 MGT, but i don't feel the need for anything bigger. the .28 truck was stuck in second gear even and was getting with it pretty quick.