MY XTM X-Terminator Deluxe RTR

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You know, I live by HP and the yare great! I eneded up buying my deluxe ablut 5 months ago and it is awesome. They say not the best racer but more for bashing... I beat a few buggies ranging from OFNAS to Kyoshos. This is because the drivers were still not good. This buggy is capable to a decent level. I am not saying that this will kill all the buggies but really best bang for the buck! It ranked the best last year and 3rd this year. The ones infront were the Mayhem and the Jammin.
At the track, I have cartwheeled this buggy so many times and nothing bent or broke except a cracked wing... :) Have fun with it! Also check out the global boards..

Hehe AC48, you just couldnt stay away from the X-Terminators, lol. I'm still lovin mine. No complaints what so ever! I bash mine crazy hard, and still have only broke 1 thing cause of a runaway. More people need to realize the quality of the Xterminator!

Yea T-Machine, they really aren't too bad as far as handling.

cobra, lol yea, just couldn't stay away :) If you are ever thinking to upgrade, the Deluxe comes with A LOT of hop ups and really makes this buggy great, even better than it was before. I just couldn't afford to keep a MP777 and a Novarossi etc...had to step down the the X-Ts but I am still very impressed. Looks awesome and is fast! As soon as it stops raining its time to finish breakin and get this thing dirty...has to be a shelf queen for now :D

If ya haven't seen it yet, here is the set up on one guy's X-term. http://globalservices.globalhobby.com/globalforum/viewtopic.php?p=39288#39288
I look at it from time to time. Set my diffs up that way and that was all. He seems like a pretty intelligent guy. Goes into detail about everything he has done to his. I know that none of you would want to totally copy it, but it's something to look at. :cheers:

Yea I have seen that digger, seems to know what he is talking about, may have to look more closely at that soon.

So this is where all you x-term guys are ;)

I too am a proud owner of an x-term, and from all of the RC's that I own, this buggy has been the best buy out of all my RC's, BAR NONE. I own an HPI Savage with picco 26 engine, NTC3 plus, NTC3 with Novarossi MT12 engine, HPI Nitro Mini with Novarossi CX12 engine & 2 RC10GTs. Nothing beats the "bang for your buck" quality of the X-term.

I've only done a few mods to my XTM...5 cell hump pack, new switch so I can charge the batter without taking it out, hitec 645 MG for the steering, 525 MG for the throttle, and an RS300 syntehsized receiver so I can use my JR XS3 radio.

Some bad points about the buggy:

Get rid of that damn throttle servo ASAP. That thing is a piece of crap...it crapped out on me AND my friend, at about the 5th tank, and that's with taking out the throttle return spring. It was so funny how both of our servos went out at the same time. What's weird, is that I couldn't use the stock steering servo in place of the throttle servo, because I had a glitching problem when I switched over to a hitec 645 steering servo. It did the same thing to my friends X-term. Took it all back to hobby people and they hooked us up right.

Anyhow, I would definitely recommend this buggy to anyone. In my opinion, its the best bang for your buck buggy out there. It won an RC shootout against some pretty good buggy's (review is on hobby people's website). OFNA didn't enter the competition...I wonder why? ;)

And yes, this buggy is competitive against the OFNA's and KYOSHO's. I've raced against a few of these buggy's at sun valley and have kept up with all of them, and I'm in no way a seasoned racer.

snowboardgeek1 said:
So this is where all you x-term guys are ;)

I too am a proud owner of an x-term, and from all of the RC's that I own, this buggy has been the best buy out of all my RC's, BAR NONE. I own an HPI Savage with picco 26 engine, NTC3 plus, NTC3 with Novarossi MT12 engine, HPI Nitro Mini with Novarossi CX12 engine & 2 RC10GTs. Nothing beats the "bang for your buck" quality of the X-term.

I've only done a few mods to my XTM...5 cell hump pack, new switch so I can charge the batter without taking it out, hitec 645 MG for the steering, 525 MG for the throttle, and an RS300 syntehsized receiver so I can use my JR XS3 radio.

Some bad points about the buggy:

Get rid of that damn throttle servo ASAP. That thing is a piece of crap...it crapped out on me AND my friend, at about the 5th tank, and that's with taking out the throttle return spring. It was so funny how both of our servos went out at the same time. What's weird, is that I couldn't use the stock steering servo in place of the throttle servo, because I had a glitching problem when I switched over to a hitec 645 steering servo. It did the same thing to my friends X-term. Took it all back to hobby people and they hooked us up right.

Anyhow, I would definitely recommend this buggy to anyone. In my opinion, its the best bang for your buck buggy out there. It won an RC shootout against some pretty good buggy's (review is on hobby people's website). OFNA didn't enter the competition...I wonder why? ;)

And yes, this buggy is competitive against the OFNA's and KYOSHO's. I've raced against a few of these buggy's at sun valley and have kept up with all of them, and I'm in no way a seasoned racer.
I agree on all the bad points and changed all the same things you did except for the switch. I added a MX-A radio, 5-Cell pack, and a HS-5645MG servo, well I also added the Collari and the Ofna pipe, theres pics of that in a different thread.

Thing is I am using the stock steering servo in place of the stock throttle servo, with a 5645 steering servo and no glitching.

http://www.hobbypeople.net/review/145601rcca.htm
http://www.hobbypeople.net/review/145601rccar.htm

There are the reviews.

I got my xterminator deluxe at RCX, and when i took it to the track to race it, it was my first time ever even driving a buggy. Completely stock, and i made it to A-main, but they wouldnt let me race the A main due to the 247. I have not broken a thing yet, but i do see that some other buggies are better for the racing. But i think it does decent and is best bang for buck by far.

Yea, by no means is this the best racing machine out there, I just don't think people realize how good it really is.

if you have a big track.... then yeah its ok. But when every turn is tight.... no. Thats why I sold mine.