My son found this!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ccarson91

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Racing
Hey my son found this today will walking in the woods. Assuming it's gas or nitro but does anyone know what brand?

20230827_163437.jpg

20230827_163441.jpg

20230827_163448.jpg

Nitro.... hpi savage. Nice find. Assuming it's the x 4.6 model.

My husband and son have drag cars... that's probably why he asked.. I guess I'm going to let him take it apart and clean it and then maybe go to the hobby shop and let them test to see the parts work

My husband and son have drag cars... that's probably why he asked.. I guess I'm going to let him take it apart and clean it and then maybe go to the hobby shop and let them test to see the parts work
Let us know. The link I posted is the manufactures conversion kit. You will need an esc, motor, and lipos at the least. If you tare into it, see if it's the 3 speed. Those sound amazing shifting and are pricey snd discontinued. Totally jealous here. I need to start walking in the woods more. 🤣🤣

Let us know. The link I posted is the manufactures conversion kit. You will need an esc, motor, and lipos at the least. If you tare into it, see if it's the 3 speed. Those sound amazing shifting and are pricey snd discontinued. Totally jealous here. I need to start walking in the woods more. 🤣🤣
Yeah was over at a friend's house and they went walking in the woods just for fun and came across this and a guitar.. my son is 12 and thought he hit the jackpot

Yeah was over at a friend's house and they went walking in the woods just for fun and came across this and a guitar.. my son is 12 and thought he hit the jackpot
I would feel the same at 33. 🤣 been toying with buying a nitro savage lately so I'm kinda biased.

I would feel the same at 33. 🤣 been toying with buying a nitro savage lately so I'm kinda biased.
We went to a race and they had alot of Nitro cars and they seemed liked they had to work on them more than race them. We know nothing about this thing so this will be a complete rehab and learning process. My husband did find out that the throttle(assuming) works and I'm something else works but it sounds a bit wierd. So if they work then hopefully the other stuff does too.
We went to a race and they had alot of Nitro cars and they seemed liked they had to work on them more than race them. We know nothing about this thing so this will be a complete rehab and learning process. My husband did find out that the throttle(assuming) works and I'm something else works but it sounds a bit wierd. So if they work then hopefully the other stuff does too.
He said it has 2 steering cirvos that's what he tried

In the beginning it can be like that. Between experience with any engine and going through problems with nitro one should learn fast how to fix and diagnose problems. Then we have tuning to master.

I would say it could help your son with his first real car but the way they are pushing ev, maybe that's better going electric. 🤣

In the beginning it can be like that. Between experience with any engine and going through problems with nitro one should learn fast how to fix and diagnose problems. Then we have tuning to master.

I would say it could help your son with his first real car but the way they are pushing ev, maybe that's better going electric. 🤣
Bahhaha yeah that's a negative. He already has his first truck. It's a stick shift truck ... ( not a ranger) it's a 90 something model chevy..