My new Savage SS 4.6! (pics)

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lol, no thanks man. It was kinda joke with me and ZANDOR becuase I sold him a set of Big Joes a couple of months ago. Thanks though.

Anyway, I started the breakin on my K4.6 engine today. I put fuel in, primed it, and she fired right up on the second pull. It idled completely flawlessly for the entire tank of fuel. Didn't even stall once. After that I filled it up, started it up on the second pull again and cleaned it out by revving it a bit, then I drove it around very slowly in small circle as the book said. I had just shoveld off the drive way so there was some snow left on there, but this engine running at 200 degrees, at 1/4 was able to spin the tires quite easily. So far so good, hasn't even stalled once. I'm impressed with its ability to just stay running.

I hope to finish it up tomorrow, then really open her up :D

Last edited:
Ok guys I'm starting to lean out the engine a tad. Power is insane, very similar to my Wasp .28. I still haven't been able to get full RPMs out of it, probably since it is so cold. I built a few jumps out of snow and I hope to try them out. :D

My school vaca is next week and I'll be going to a ski resort for the week. I plan on making a video of the truck to show you guys during the week. I think it would be awesome to take it off the ski jumps :D but I don't think the resort would be too happy with that lol.

They will only be unhappy if they see you. LOL.

Glad to hear she is starting to come to life for you. I definitely can't wait to see one in action personally.

Later...

Lol yeah, but with all the grooming going on... but I will defientely bring it out on the trail near the Condo I'm staying at :D Maybe I'll take it down the tubing park...:)

Anyway, I still haven't been able to hit second gear. Even without second gear this thing is damn fast. WOT passes are at about 235 for temps so I'm doing good on tuning, I think I just need a few more degrees and warmer weather for this engine to really hit som nice RPMs.

excellent. i got my radio batteries and 8 bay charger in today. $36 for an 8 bay charger that charges in 8 hours with trickle,and 16 2250mah ni-mh batteries from batteryspace.com. bought it friday and it's here already.

I'm goona try her out and see about getting these 2 idle tanks ran through her in the morning.

now just waiting on the nova towers and progressive t-maxx size shocks.

Truck looks great, but havn't heard much about the new 4.6. I would like to know once you get a chance to drive it a bit how the engine compares to other brands .28 engines. Like Ofna, and Team Orions. I was thinking of buying a .28 for my Savage 25 this summer, still not to sure.

Powerman, the K4.6 is similar in power to my Wasp .28. I think the Wasp may have a tad more high end, but less low end. Also keep in mind the K4.6 still hasn't been fully broken in, but I think they will be pretty similar over all. I can't say anything about OFNAs but like I said its a pretty decent engine.

I have it almost fully broken in, but still can't hit second gear, must be because of the cold...

Thanks 1 Bad STi, the cage looks awesome. I haven't rolled it over yet but I'm sure the cage will come in handy soon :D

Guys the body is painted, but I forgot the camera at home and I'm in Maine lol. Its got silver flames on the side, the rest is metallic blue, its all backed with silver. It looks SICK! I can't wait to get pics for you guys.

Hey did u paint it up there on the trip, lol nice hope u get ur camera soon.

Yup, painted it here in Maine. I'll have pics up on Sunday, next Sunday lol.

ok sounds good have a fun break, ill be waiting to see those pics.
P.S. I wish i could have a Break, LOL

does that roll cage apply pressue on the gas tank? i have a gas tank gaurd coming and was just wondering if they would both he work together.

Yeah, it touches the tank sliightly, it would be a tight fit with both, it might fit though. If it doesn't just use the cage, that will protect the tank quite will too.

Got me a Savage 4.6 today I had one imported from the states..Looking forward to building it.. :smoke:
Cheers Andy

Awesome, get building!

If you have any problems or questions about your savage just ask and I'll do my best to help you.

Mine should be here by this weekend and I'll definately be asking all kinds of crazy questions.

I've built two savages and tore them down numerous times. I know savages like the back of my hand lol. Feel free ask any crazy questions you can think of. :)

My Savage SS 4.6 will be here this week. Looks great. :tank:

TurboDZL said:
Mine should be here by this weekend.........

Alright Tower, it's Monday....where's the truck! :boxing: I usually get things w/in three days but tomorrow will be a week. I'M READY TO START CONSTRUCTION :beer:

Back