My MBX-5 =)

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Buggyracer28

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
When i got it (yesterday) from bigmo, I was sooooooo excited! The engine mounts were not included with the mbx-5, so i had to go get them the next day. I had my 8th grade promotion to Highschool tonight (stupid) and my dad decided to buy me the mounts i needed to get my buggy on the track! So, it all worked out. Anyway, i spent the last hour putting everything together and i must say...... this thing is the most awesome thing i have ever owned. I'm serious. Bigmo, your friend did an AWESOME paintjob, i love it! Here are some pics:

B4286.gif

B4288.gif

B4292.gif

I'm going to the lhs to pick up some aluminum servo horns (the ones that were included dont fit my servos). Then i'll be able to drive all week. Ill hit the track this weekend or on tues. (free practice, yesssssss) since SCHOOL'S OUT! I just wanted to share with you guys my new pride and joy. :cheers:

Last edited:
glad you like it man.....

looks good, go beat that thing!

Hey Buggyracer, nice car. 2 questions:

1.) Those zip ties on your engine... I know that is to keep the head from scratching, but dont they melt?

2.) What does this mean? summer... june 14 (yesss)

Thanks
-Pat (redhatman)

red - they dont melt ,if they do you just screwed your motor up hehe from running it too hot

redhatman said:
Hey Buggyracer, nice car. 2 questions:

2.) What does this mean? summer... june 14 (yesss)

Thanks
-Pat (redhatman)

it was his last day of school LOL

DUDE YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! we are so driving today ok..... that is so sweet that ur dad bought u the mounts did you get the stock ones or the 1 piece? I'm EXITED TO DRIVE!!!!!!!! SCHOOL IS OUT FOR SUMMER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :) :cheers: :)

They are the 2 piece, but they are still sick. They are like metallic blue/grey....

redhatman- are you serious????? lol jk

i think he was serious... Nice buggy dude... Post pics of it in action, or maybe a vid...

redhatman- are you serious????? lol jk

Yea, I am serious. We got out of school on June 9th. Thats a school week earlier, LOL. When do you start school. I think we start on the 7th every year.

Very nice man. Looks like a great buggy.

oh yea also what engine is that i can't really tell?

Thanks guys! The engine is a Novarossi BS21SB.

Electrikid3.... lets make a vid today. Did you get your pack soldered??? my dad could probably help you. bring your camera when you come over :) :cheers: :) <your obsessed with that lol

Last edited:
Nice ride man! Post pics after it's dirty.

Stupid servo stripped..... anyway, it was a BLAST driving a 1/8 for the first time in 1 1/2 months. Even tho I only got 1 1/4 tanks worth of driving because my fricken steering servo stripped the gears inside.... my luck sucks with rc. Everything right I do, theres always a blistering wrong and it ends my driving for at least the day or week or month. SO, i will be ordering a new servo, a back up metal gear set (will be replacing the gears in the servo that stripped) and a failsafe (almost had a runnaway today). <<<<now THAT would've sucked. First time driving the NEW buggy and it rams into a light pole. The engine fired right up after being kept for a month which was good. Tuned almost perfectly still (had to make minor mods to the high end). Updates coming when i go to the track maybe sunday if i get the servo stuff.

Ohhh yeah, I just got my crimefighters mounted on green Kyosho 10 spokes today. They look SWEEEEEET with the body.

Last edited:
Nice. What servos are ya using?At least you got SOME run time in!!

Yeah I'm using Blue bird servos. Cheap, High Performance... but they somewhat glitch (only slightly) and they strip because of cheap gears. I bought this stuff last night....

http://www.balsapr.com/catalog/Servos/bluebirdStandardServosView.asp?ProductId=U684400

and 2 of these...
http://www.balsapr.com/catalog/Servos/bbpartsMetalGearSetsView.asp?ProductId=U446429

I will be replacing the gears in the one that just stripped. Then Ill put the metal gears in the plastic one (they never have the metal geared ones in stock which sucks)... I'll then keep the plastic gears as back up if they both strip again.

I bought a dud before, and I thought I opened the package that had all the servo horns and stuff, but I didn't. I am gonna send back the bad servo in the new case so I get my money back :hammer:

The servos i am running are 620mg and 630mg.

Which one are you using for the steering servo? I want to buy some of those metal gear servos. Good performance at that price.

I'm using the 620mg for steering. PLENTY of torque and speed. A little over kill with 195oz at the throttle, but hey, its still REALLY fast for throttle.

BTW, If you do plan on getting some, make sure you get more than 1 because you might either get a dud, or they will strip pretty fast. I've had mine for about 3 weeks (without counting not driving with my x-term for a month) and it stripped. Not too bad, but as you can see, it ruined my day of driving. They have awesome service and you usually get the item in about 3-4 days after you order.

Last edited:
Back