My losi crawler with pics

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

auhutchi

Gone - bye bye.
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Well i got this car thursday, friday was when the electronics got put in i am running a tekin fxr, tekin 45t motor, castle BEC, a hitec servo (HS-7955TG)(333 oz torque), and traxxas radio gear. On Saturday i went to our comp, i did great scores come out in a week or two. Sunday it was fathers day so no crawlers. I ran off my buddies batteries for the comp (2s 2700's). I don't have any lipos yet or the charger. i almost bought 3s 2000 mah batteries but i heard that a couple people blew up their transmission doing that in their losi's. So i wasn't sure if anyone know's why or not. Also how would i keep my motor cool, after about 3 minutes during the comp the motor was so hot it losi like 50% of its power (speed and torque) Which ain't cool on a rock face. I didn't notice the axles getting hot but all i ran it for was about 6 minutes straight then it cooled down for about 45 minutes till the next course. I know it is partly the worm drive but how could i keep the motor cool. And for grease has anyone thought of red wheel bearing grease. I just went out and took a few pics. I'll have them up by tomorrow (sorry i have to try to resize them all)

Get those pics up we want to see your new rig. and congrats on the new ride, LOL!!!

Yea i ordered 2 sets from losi, i am trying to get pics but i can't get them resized, i might have to post them to a google site or something, or a video maybe. And on those mip's is that for 2 axles or just one on ckrc.

You know i didn't break a cv during the comp, but i did break a pin the night before, i fixed it with a body clip cut proper length.

Create an account at Photobucket.com.

It's free and easy to use.

And on those mip's is that for 2 axles or just one on ckrc.

You get the parts to convert the front axle complete.

2 inner axles <<<the CVD shaft

2 outer axles <<<the CVD cup

2 cross pins

2 set screws

2 couplings

So it is for cvds on the left and right side so all i have to do is order 1 set to have mips on both sides.

for some reason i can't veiw the video can you guys

i just restarted my computer, and i can view it now- weird

Last edited by a moderator:
no, i live near Grand Junction, colorado

Anyone know how to solve my motor heat problem do the integy fan and heat sinks work,

no, i live near Grand Junction, colorado

Anyone know how to solve my motor heat problem do the integy fan and heat sinks work,

Most guys are running brushless set ups like the Novak Goat system with pretty good luck..

yep just go brushless with this or try the 7 turn like you work asking about in the other thread.

What brushless motor should i run, losi says 21.5 if so what brand, should i wait till the losi motor comes out.... Also does anyone know if losi's electronics are any good (Xcelorin)

Can the tekin fxr run a brushless motor

Back