My losi Comp crawler

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

h8z2luze

RCTalk VIP
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Well its here! I decided to go with a sidewinder, BEC, Hobbico CS-170 333 oz Titanium gear steering servo, Hitec 225MG dig servo, 3S Lipo, and a Traxxas titan 23T motor and 13T pinion. We will see how that turns out. I stripped it down and lubed the axles and put the revised cvd's in. Only thing I had trouble with is one of the revised cvd's needed hollowed out a little. No big deal. I really Like how all the hardware is ACTUALLY tight unlike other RTR or ARTR trucks i have had. They even send L wrenches, 2 Aluminum Servo arms, and a small bag of extra bolts/nuts/shims/set screws. I do NOT like the nuts they use. They are very thin and beveled. Very hard to grab onto. Other than that I have no complaints as of now. I had to move the rear upper links to the outside for the 550 motor to fit. Not sure if I am going to leave the front in or put them out also. I only had a couple hours to work on it so thats as far as I got. Here is some pics...

SANY7475Small.jpg

SANY7595Small.jpg

SANY7599Small.jpg

SANY7600Small.jpg

SANY7601Small.jpg

SANY7602Small.jpg

SANY7603Small.jpg

SANY7604Small.jpg

SANY7606Small.jpg

SANY7616Small.jpg

Drivelines look decent too!

SANY7609Small.jpg

SANY7611Small.jpg

SANY7612Small.jpg

My work station haha my girl hates me right now...

SANY7614Small.jpg

Last edited:
Looks cool Brandon, it should do well at the NCVRCC club comp on the 18th.

Looks cool Brandon, it should do well at the NCVRCC club comp on the 18th.

I hope so. I'm going to try to get in a lot of practice before the comp. Johnny says its COMPLETELY different than a ax-10 to drive.

I hope so. I'm going to try to get in a lot of practice before the comp. Johnny says its COMPLETELY different than a ax-10 to drive.

If you come to the comp down my way on Sunday you could do that, LOL!!:D

hope it works out well for ya, congrats.

There is a guy over on RCCRAWLER that is build a motor mount kit for this truck to make this a MOA style rig. I can't wait to see what he comes up with, heck I may even buy another 2.2 Losi Comp Crawler if it turns out like I think it will.

Last edited:
There is a guy over on RCCRAWLEr that is build a motor mount kit for this truck to make is a MOA style rig.

Really? that should be cool.

Oh its Eritex doing it right? that means it will be produced and sold, brandon as long as it turns out you should really look into doing this for your rig.

Last edited:
Really? that should be cool.

Oh its Eritex doing it right? that means it will be produced and sold, brandon as long as it turns out you should really look into doing this for your rig.

Yes, Gerame is the guy doing it. The Losi setup with Gerame's kit, Dual FX-R escs and a Futaba 4pk would be a Berg killer :(

Ya I seen that on there. I will probably look into it once its in production. This think looks solid as of right now. I read everywhere if you break it in right then it will work fine and everyone seems to be having good luck with the 550 motors. I will let you guys know. A lot of people say they used the losi and after using it they sold their axial and bought the losi lol. Say its like night and day as long as you break it in right and have the right setup. I am for sure not rushing it. I want this to be a good solid comp rig.

He is working fast. Sent his 2nd one out today. He is going to make MONEY on those conversion kits. Its just pinions and machined aluminum! I wonder how much he is going to sell them for.

Borrowed the pic from RCC (hope thats ok)

This is his conversion kit.

Conversionkitpictures009.jpg

Last edited:
Well it took awhile but I got everything mounted on the chassis. Now all I have to do is break in the axles and I will be on the rocks ;) Well how did I do? I took the outter can off the 23t titan and had to cut the shaft for it to fit. The only thing I'm worried about is the 225 dig servo. I set the epa as low as i could with a safe space in the dig and it still got really warm just sitting here with me messing with it for about 3 minutes.

SANY7630.jpg

SANY7631.jpg

SANY7632.jpg

SANY7633.jpg

SANY7634.jpg

SANY7635.jpg

coming along nicely.

Looks like ur almost ready to take it out to it's first comp Brandon.

Thanks guys I'm breaking in the axles today and hopefully get some rock time.

Well I got it all done. Took it out for its cherry breaking time. It got hot but did ok still. I didnt have any weight in the wheels or anything but I think I am really going to like this rig! Here is some pics.

Rear axle on...

SANY7639.jpg

My axle breaking in method haha notice the ziptie.

SANY7640.jpg

Together for the first time!

SANY7641.jpg

TO THE ROCKS!!!

SANY7642.jpg

My buddy met me down there.

SANY7643.jpg

SANY7644.jpg

And the painting of the body. My first painbtjob what do you think?

SANY7646.jpg

SANY7647.jpg

SANY7648.jpg

SANY7649.jpg

SANY7650.jpg

SANY7651.jpg

Brandon that came out freaking sick bro, very nice, really like the club logo down the sides too.

Thanks man. I took my time on it and it came out pretty good I think.

Well comped it today sittin stock. It did pretty well. I just had 2.5 oz in each front tire thats it. Came in 11th out of 14 pro's 2 10 gate courses. First course I did I got positive 10 but the next one I pointed out. Anyway on with the pics.

l_7138ef1eec904f3eb9ba58bf7458f669.png

l_8ba2d4d2e664434bb61201029b9090d6.png

NVCRCC Boys reppin it up!

l_796fb6beb12c45069e1f9f5821dde612.png

l_64362e9afb834d04a4c8b4120da2c4e2.png

l_091318231270468da1e0e95e479eab96.png

Me and Abadk9420

l_cc769909b5d043a4b27ba81a097ba501.png

Back