My 2011 savage x 4.6 build

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shizcol

RCTalk Champion
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
So i finaly got my parts for the 2011 savage x build. It all started out as a 2010 model, but it needed a good upgrade so i had to do it. It went together so smooth. No problems what so ever. I was going to shim the diffs but the diffs were already perfectly shimmed. I got the bullet proof sintered diffs and there is a huge difference from the previous diffs on the older model. Here are some pics. Parts i got are the sintered bp diffs, x tvps, orange anodized parts ( skids, steering post, bulkhead braces and pins, new one way, exhaust gaskets, the new gt3 body.. More to come

6C0FD3D2-7E35-4217-B2CC-0D6B57A4408B-1631-0000021F923E94F0_zps5b7590dc.gif

The big diffrence
9AA3A6A4-ED21-4314-B431-56E6B144BFAA-1631-0000021FA27DBA3B_zps4a75296b.gif

0EF3D0E1-9BD0-48F6-A99F-8945439F68F6-1631-0000021FAB376F77_zps78efdf10.gif

The finished product
E572E22E-9AC3-4769-AC74-8ACB47628B04-1631-0000021FB2B41B07_zpse0358cd7.gif

AD6CA964-3DAD-456F-B0A1-59FA0717360F-1631-0000021FC1D8CE4B_zpsc96c1c8e.jpg

9528F70E-AEEC-4AB0-84F2-96F7CAA30AE7-1631-0000021FBB45676D_zps679a6288.jpg

I'm sure more parts will be added as this project progresses, but my next upgrades will be the new hoi aluminum big bores, savage xl wide axle kit, bigger heavy duty shafts, and eventually when this motor blows i will probably go with a lrp .30 spec 2.. Thanks for looking!!!

Sounds promising!!!

Ill be watching this one.

Lol it might take a lil time but it will get there. I made a hugeeee mistake when i sold my last one. And the reason i bought my first 2011 was from your vids and pics and talk of it lol. I aint letting this one get away. I'm pretty tapped out at the moment but at least i got a nice truck. From the beginning of the tear down to the re assembled truck it took me about 2 hrs. I love how the savage is built. So easy to work on. I put loctite on all the metal-to-metal screws and everything so i know its built right.

Lol it might take a lil time but it will get there. I made a hugeeee mistake when i sold my last one. And the reason i bought my first 2011 was from your vids and pics and talk of it lol. I aint letting this one get away. I'm pretty tapped out at the moment but at least i got a nice truck. From the beginning of the tear down to the re assembled truck it took me about 2 hrs. I love how the savage is built. So easy to work on. I put loctite on all the metal-to-metal screws and everything so i know its built right.

I'm glad !! well atleast your a proud savage owner yet again !! and the build looks like its coming together smoothly. its forsure good youve locktited everything, they like to come loose sometime. I just had for the first time just the other day a screw come all the way out while driving and didnt notice till i was cleaning it. So i replaced it, just bought some lock tite about 3 days ago just havent used it yet.

I hope u did t get the red kind lol. Unfortunatly i used some of the red loctite (heavy duty) on the screw that holds the clutchbell in place on my lrp on my revo and the loctite was so strong that i broke the head off the screw and had to get another crank. Sucked so bad the motor had a qt of fuel run through it. But yeah loctite is important on these trucks for sure. What upgrades have u done to ur savy? I also need a good steering servo. Mines stock and it sucks

Dude talk about red loctite! My Losi Aftershock came with the steering servo savers with red loctite on them. When went to upgrade my steering servo after it broke I noticed it. I couldn't believe it, I work in a CNC shop that specializes in oil drilling parts the ones that go at least a mile underground and in the assembly of some of these parts they use red loctite. Anyways I called Losi and they sent me new savers and hardware for free, even the guy in customer support couldn't believe it and the tech knew they were using it but couldnt tell me why and thought it was ridiculous as well.

---------- Post added at 12:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:49 AM ----------

Oh and btw nice looking truck and those are some beefy looking diff gears.

Yeah i know i couldnt believe the difference. Theyre stock gears for the newer savages. I'm hoping this solves the diff issues i had in the past. Thanks for the comments. Feel free to post pics of your rides on here so we can see what upgrades we like.

Nah never use red haha... I used red for my real cars flywheel haha... its just tooooo strong...

Yup too strong is right

i actually can't even imagine using it on many things on a real car. Literally the only parts i used it on when i built it. I only remember putting it on the flywheel bolts and rear diff mounts. Thats it haha.

I dont even know why someone would use it on rcs. It was included in some parts i bought off a guy

I dont even know why someone would use it on rcs. It was included in some parts i bought off a guy

He probably didnt know much about thread lock.

Thanks MUD i can't wait to get it done. But u know how that is. Time consuming lol. Pricey parts too when u want the best

Back