Mugen Prospec vs. 777 sp1

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
fire him out with the mugen ejector seat!

IMHO, I think the MBX5 non prospec version is a better deal and then buy the prospec parts needed. I got the Towers, braces and brace mount for under 65 bux total. Just need the engine mount and MAYBE the upright rear hub carriers.

I'm not sure if the std. mbx5 rear hub carriers are plastic or not. but if they are, save yourself a DNF and get aluminum ones. I've been down that road with my xray. buggy went down the straight after a hit, and the rear wheel went off the side of the track, bummer.

CorradoPsi said:
I'm not sure if the std. mbx5 rear hub carriers are plastic or not. but if they are, save yourself a DNF and get aluminum ones. I've been down that road with my xray. buggy went down the straight after a hit, and the rear wheel went off the side of the track, bummer.
Thats what I meant.LOL I think the stf package is pretty durable to an extent but the towers, braces and mounts are a must IMO. I will keep the OG ones as spares.

mikeburgin said:
that would apear to be a coment requiring a retaliation, if you aint got anything useful to say stay outa my thread

I didn't realize this was YOUR thread, I guess any thread that you post in is yours because you didn't start this one.

Try not to be so sensitive, I was only KIDDING. Where I come from "dork" isn't really an insult so I guess you guys took it the wrong way. If you guys want to activate your form of a championship by all means ACTIVATE!! :shrug:

spatulator said:
I didn't realize this was YOUR thread, I guess any thread that you post in is yours because you didn't start this one.

Try not to be so sensitive, I was only KIDDING. Where I come from "dork" isn't really an insult so I guess you guys took it the wrong way. If you guys want to activate your form of a championship by all means ACTIVATE!! :shrug:
regardless of it being my thread or not, which i meant the and not my, your fulla poop, read what you posted and tell me it wasn't an insult again, if dorks isnt an insult, then why would you stay away from mugens to not associate with us DORKS!!!!!

mikeburgin said:
regardless of it being my thread or not, which i meant the and not my, your fulla poop, read what you posted and tell me it wasn't an insult again, if dorks isnt an insult, then why would you stay away from mugens to not associate with us DORKS!!!!!

OK try this, read my original post..then insert this: :jk:

Does that take the edge off? I thought that it was implied but I guess that didn't come accross to you.

Obviously no matter what I say, you are gonna take it personally. Please go activate your form of championship (and grow some thicker skin).

my ass got thicker....uh I mean my hide got thicker.....I did read it as an insult too.....sorry for biting your whiney Dork hating head off!!!!! :jk: ahhh that does make the thread seem lighter

man I need glasses I did not see the end of your post before.....

spatulator said:
OK try this, read my original post..then insert this: :jk:

Does that take the edge off? I thought that it was implied but I guess that didn't come accross to you.

Obviously no matter what I say, you are gonna take it personally. Please go activate your form of championship (and grow some thicker skin).
ok Maybe we all just got off on the wrong foot, shall we start again

Sure no big deal, I'm not into insulting random people. I just come here to post my thoughts and have a little fun with the community here. Pleased to meet you Mike.

I tried the mugen, side by side to a 777 sp1. I sold my mugen to plaidfish and bought a new 777sp1 the very next day.

Just for the sole fact that the K car dominates in the rough stuff, and has just as much sterring as the mugen. To me the mugen jumped better and seemed a bit more nimble (twitchie?). It also had ton's and I mean ton's of on power rear traction. While the K car turn's in 10 times better, but is a bit tricky comeing out of corners.

And I also did it becuase the support is just terrific here for the K cars.

I really don't think you can loose with either car. In the long run, they will both cost about the same. I honestly think the prospec is just a buch of fancy not needed aluminium. If I where to buy another mugen, I'd get the regular x5 and buy racers edge ackerman plate, and front tower, and call it get. I prefer to have the better bump handling the stock braces give, and just replace the bushings every now and then. Same holds true for the K car. Only hop up I have on it to date are racers edge front knuckles.

So you guys just pic one out and enjoy it.

Brandon

untchbl said:
I tried the mugen, side by side to a 777 sp1. I sold my mugen to plaidfish and bought a new 777sp1 the very next day.

Just for the sole fact that the K car dominates in the rough stuff, and has just as much sterring as the mugen. To me the mugen jumped better and seemed a bit more nimble (twitchie?). It also had ton's and I mean ton's of on power rear traction. While the K car turn's in 10 times better, but is a bit tricky comeing out of corners.

And I also did it becuase the support is just terrific here for the K cars.

I really don't think you can loose with either car. In the long run, they will both cost about the same. I honestly think the prospec is just a buch of fancy not needed aluminium. If I where to buy another mugen, I'd get the regular x5 and buy racers edge ackerman plate, and front tower, and call it get. I prefer to have the better bump handling the stock braces give, and just replace the bushings every now and then. Same holds true for the K car. Only hop up I have on it to date are racers edge front knuckles.

So you guys just pic one out and enjoy it.

Brandon
Fair coment Brandon

What's are your oppinions on a modded 777 Kanai II ? Selling used in good-excellent shape with many AM mods, has an RB WS7(I'm pretty sure that's the right mdl #)with about 1 gal run thru, proffessionaly (SP) modified and broke in, set for 20%. Askinf $500 ARR, no radio or recvr. I was thinking $450.
Any thoughts

Sgt Blamo said:
What's are your oppinions on a modded 777 Kanai II ? Selling used in good-excellent shape with many AM mods, has an RB WS7(I'm pretty sure that's the right mdl #)with about 1 gal run thru, proffessionaly (SP) modified and broke in, set for 20%. Askinf $500 ARR, no radio or recvr. I was thinking $450.
Any thoughts
no such thing as a 777 kanai 2, maybe a 7.5 kanai 2
good cars

Whoops, my mistake. Are they as durable the Mayhem?

Sgt Blamo said:
Whoops, my mistake. Are they as durable the Mayhem?
i sold mine on after 2 seasons of racing, very good fast cars,

What's you over-all oppinion of the buggy. Where parts expencive, did you brake parts mvery often. How easy was it to set up and run. My Mayhems ran great right out of the box.

didnt break many parts, only did a front shock, but did wear a bit out like arms etc
and parts are pretty tipical of k cars EXSPENSIVE

Back