Mugen MBX5 Prospec Thread :)

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm guessing you have a non Prospec? If so the Prospec rear upper arm links have a bend in them to correct that problem. If not I don't know.

The stock version uses E804 on both ends, while the prospec uses E804 on the inside, and E811 on the outside. Good luck!

Here is a pic of mine as it sits right now. It was muddy the other day when I ran it, and I haven't had a chance to clean it yet so it's a little dirty. :shrug:

Ok does the upper or lower sit on the inside?
I have the prospec...

Not sure what you are asking. If you are refering to my post (#281) all referances of "inside", and "outside" are about the upper arms. More specifically the upper arm ends. :shrug:

Do you have a prospec manual?

Not with me no.
Ok on the prospec in the rear there are upper turnbuckle and power. I know the upper on the side twords the wheels there is an L kink in it. Mine rubs on the tire... I think it is because of the way i glued my tire.

P.S Hype your avatar doesn't work. I can't see it with firefox...

It hasn't worked since the site went to the monthy member fee thing.

Do you have a pic of the trouble? I can't see where any way of glueing a tire would make it rub the arm. All I know is my buddies non prospec rubs a little, and mine with the L shaped ends doesn't.

cause the prospec arms are dif

I JUST HAVE TO SAY TO ALL YOU MUGEN BOYS....

I'm SORRY I DOUBTED YA!

i traded the xb8 for a prospec.....actually i got 2 cars....1 regular and 1 prospec....

man i love this mugen buggy....so very simple and dam at the durability....!!!

i found my car to keep....mugen is "DA BOMB!"

lol

here is a shot of my prospec and my LSP

x5lsp2.jpg

I'm actually looking to buy one right now. Has some king heads hopups, but its not the prospec. The guy is looking to get about $300 for it. Do you think its a bad price? No body or rims/tires. What do guys think?

Vb i say go for it. If you need tires cheap throw me a pm. I'm converting to truggy and have threre new sets of buggy wheels tires.

The think looks pretty clean, I'll post the pics the guy sent me. They aren't the best but I guess the will work?!

HAHA I'll let you know if I don't take it I'll give you his contact info.

Its from another forum. Waiting to see if my hyper is sold or not. If its not sold its all yours. There is also another one for 320 so i'm keeping my options open :D

Husky - Welcome to the club.

VB - It looks like a good deal to me.

Vb dont be fooled by the lack of scratching on a chasis, looks like he has buffed the underside to remove most of them, you can't tell how worn a buggy is till it turns up on your doorstep, then when you pick it up, if the arms dont fall off it will be fine !!!!!

Back