Motor

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ozz_man89

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
i have a Traxxas Nitro Sport not the SE, but i wanted to know if i took out the piston sleeve and made the prots bigger would i mess up my motor or will i get any more power??? if i get more power how much do you think it will be????

any thing i can find out about more power i would like to know and I'm going to get a on road nitro car what should i get i want speeeeeeeeeeeed...

porting is not something to take lightly. It really something you need to do some reasearch on i know that rc car action has had a couple articles on it and there are probably some web sites that will tell you what to do. I highly reccomend you pratice on old dead motors because you can shank a sleve before you know what happened. Other than that I don't really fell comfortable telling you what to do. X

The golden rule:
Only do it if you can afford to mess it up;)

click here for a good write up on porting

scroll down and click on TRX Pro mods, it is porting for the Pro .15 but will give you a good idea of what gains you will get

as someone else already mentioned, don't do this unless you can afford to mess up an engine. It is not as easy as it looks.
If you decide to try it, number 1 rule is take your time, you can alway's grind more off but you can't put it back on.

What engine (nitro=engine) is it? Is it the TRX .15? Certainly porting can make a difference. First off, I did port my own TRX. And the best advice I can give is take your time, and use the right tools. No cutting corners. If you are going to do it, work in small steps. Don't get greedy or you'll botch it. Light touch. Smooth grinds. You should notice a difference. Just be careful. Odds are pretty good that you'll end up dinging something. So really read up on it. I must have read 4-5 articles as well as numerous posts about porting before I finally did mine.