Monster VS Stadium

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

massivex

RCTalk Qualifier
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I bought a T-Maxx 2.5 and before I could receive it, USPS managad to lose it. (lost ?... right.). Anyway, I have had plenty of time to think about RC (waiting for insurance money from the post is a joke!). Since then I've been introduced to HPI's Nitro MT, I've been wondering ever since. When I get my money and it comes time to buy a nitro, is the T-maxx 2.5 that much more versatile or faster, easier, etc. to justify $400 more than a stadium (Assuming my driving style/prefrence was dead in the middle between monsters and stadium)?

All pro/con lists you ad are appriciated!

Thanks

I think the type of driving you enjoy the most is going to point you in the direction you ought to go. The T-Maxx is a true monster truck and as such has a beefier everything (suspension, chassis, etc.) It can handle almost all terrain conditions and is a blast to drive. Take a look here for what my modified T-Maxx did last weekend:
https://www.rcnitrotalk.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1512

I doubt that a stadium truck could go where my T has been and survive.

I'll leave the stadium truck advocates the task of selling their product, but for me there is no question...buy the T-Maxx.

I think Sky just about summed it up. I say T-Maxx all the way! You wont see a stadium truck survive the abuse a T will.

You might want to also look into the new HPI Savage coming out this month. It's a .21 rtr monster, go to the hpi site and check out the vids.

Man if you are not concerned with racing then then Monster is the way to go. If you want to race then a GT is probably a better choice becasue they are cheaper to maintain and run than a maxx.

i have to say a stadium truck, especially the nitro rustler, now I'm not putting the tmaxx down, but with my experience of watching my friend and his tmaxx and me and my rustler, well lets just say my rustler takes a lot more abuse than his tmaxx, maybe the new 2.5 is better but the old one that my friend has is ALWAYS broken. so i say go with a nitro rustler.

jd

If you are looking for stability on a track and want to be wicked fast with the lap times then go with a stadium truck.

If you want to bash, jump and just beat the hell out of your truck then go with a TMaxx.

Dont get me wrong, a TMaxx, setup FOR racing can do really well on a track, but will become less valuable for bashing.

Depends on what you are doing.

I say 100,000.000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000% T-Maxx I have a maxx and it is awesome for bashin,beatin the s**t out of it whatever you really want to do I have heard about the nitro mt it breaks easy. just go with the Maxx you won't be sorry:D

I'd say it depends on what you want to do.

Bashing - TMaxx or HPI Savage, personally I'd go with the Savage just because I don't like the slow TMaxx's :)

Bashing and Racing - RC10 or XXX-NT, much faster, much more fun to race, lots of competition. These trucks can really grow, I've seen novices out with slower pure stock trucks and I've seen vets out with highly modified trucks pulling some near 1:8 scale lap speeds. They are sturdy enough to do some bashing but you can't go all out like the real monster trucks.

a agree nitorwannabe

I have a gt and i dish out some pretty sick stuff. It is wicked fast and it will stay together on a medium level of bashing. I am still going to get a monster truck for the all out hit anything go anywhere rig.

so basically if you want insane speed with some mid range bashing go with a stadium truck. if you want the all out bashing experience go with a monster.

I just can't see racing TMaxx's on a track. Through the desert maybe...lol I personally recommend a Maxx for all round fun. Racing on a track, (competitively), go with the Losi XXXNT Kit....:D

if your gonna be bashing get the T beacuse I beat the crap out of mine and it keeps comin back for more:banana: If you really want to have fun get both:)