Mini-T. I have decided...

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally posted by SuperMaxx97
what kind of battery's do they run in them things. are they like little 4 cells or 6 or what?

bryan

"Power comes from four AA alkaline cells or for even more sensational performance an optional six cell rechargeable Ni-Cad pack."

thats what i thought, i used to run these little cars kinda like them that were called BUD cars. they were fun and they ran off of the 4 cells.

bryan

I am getting one or maybe 2 for sure. The paths in my backyard are perfect for their size and since my house is on a hillside, I have a built in drivers stand on top of the retaining wall.

How fast are they expecting this little thing to go? It would be a waste if we bought it, and it went slower than a Nikko...
Also will there be an assortment of aftermarket performance parts?
Are you guys really gonna spend 150 bucks on this? Think its worth it or not??

Using 4 AA alkalines it will do about 15mph with 45mins of runtime. Using the 6 cell rechargeable Ni-Cd pack, runtime will drop but speeds will be over 20mph.

Mini-T

Of course Losi wikll offer bucket loads of hop-ups for them, turning them into small-scale money pits.

I reckon the Orion/HPI Micro RS4 packs will work with the Mini-T.
Losi do not mention the motor size, but I reckon 180-300 will be the size.
Also, other Micro RS4 parts like Elite Coreless motors and BigBlock 300 motors should technically work too

i think I read somewhere that it's powered by a 280 motor. I just ordered one of these kits from eBay, as a present to my 4-year old son :)

I sure hope it will be a better kit than the average Nikko kits, with a REAL steering-servo and REAL suspension etc..

Trust me it will blow away any nikko kit (those are those toy-r-us ones right?).
and i Also read it comes with 280 motor.
As for them being a money pit... Mine will. I want to to go about 40 if possible. Becase everytime i upgrade ym savage it breaks. lol

Originally posted by big kal
Alright guys I called my LHS, which is Ultimate Hobbies in Orange, CA. I asked what the selling price of the Mini-T is and they're going to be selling them for $127. They also said they should be receiving them by the end of October.

Are they taking pre-orders you ask? Yes, they are. How many did Ultimate order you ask? They friggin ordered 600 units. I don't think they're gonna sell out.

I don't know if I can post their number here or not. I'll post if I get the ok.

http://www.ultimatehobbies.com

I ordered my first car from them. They lied to me about shipping though. You have to call to get shipping and I asked about next day, 2nd day, 3rd day.. I went with 3rd day because it was $20 and I needed the car by a certain time. When it came there was a $45 shipping charge. :flaming:

They now give free ground shipping for pre-orders and all through October.

Last edited:
At this rate, between me getting a buggy (she still doesn't know) and now looking at the mini t's .... I gotta get her a really good x-mas gift or my ass is grass! I can't say it's for the kid, because we have no kids. Now I'm bringing the hobby indoors all I can do is say :sorry: RCNT made me do it!

Guess she'll just have to get over it, but I'm still hiding the receipts for as long as I can!

Back