Micro Drifter?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigjay

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Has anyone tried this?

Is it hard to drift?

Would I need to make changes other than tires?

Good idea or bad?

My cousin tried that with his Rage - all he did was swap the tires over and it just span round and round.

I wouldn't try it but if it works I'd like to know! ;)

Buggington

yes, i tried it. Didnt work, just kept spinning in circles. I couldnt straighten it up or anything, and that was only with quarter throttle.

I wouldnt suggest you try it, but if your using it indoors on wood flooring or tiles, just tape up the tires. It drifts well, and is a lot of fun.

You could, but it would just be cheaper and easier to just tape up the tires. That way if you get bored of it, you havnt wasted money on new tyres. You just peel of the tape.

When we've done the extension and I've finally got this motor going, I should try that. What do you use - masking tape?

Just use normal tape. It works well, and when your done, just peel it off. :)

It is hard to control, well you dont really have much control, but it looks good. :)

I saw a guy at my lhs that had an RC-18r set up for drifting by adding a micro heli heading lock gyro to help keep the front wheels pointed where you want them. He said it was cheaper than a Dbox.

I saw a guy at my lhs that had an RC-18r set up for drifting by adding a micro heli heading lock gyro to help keep the front wheels pointed where you want them. He said it was cheaper than a Dbox.

Interesting. What's a DBox?

A Dbox, is a box that you connect to your car, and it countersteers for you. You can use them from heli's which is cheaper than buying the real Dbox. But i dont see much point in wasting money on one. Because your not really drifting, you dont actually need to do anything other than steer it into the drift, the box will do everything else. Waste of money if you ask me.

Exactly. Plus it takes away the whole point in drifting. To have fun.

Wet garage (smooth concrete) floor + foam tires = drifting :D

I'm at school now but I'll show you what I mean when I get home.

That's what I thought - do you have any drifter tyres that you could maybe show us?

We're on half term in the UK!

Buggington

How long does the foam last?

My RC18t has the stock motor so it wasn't pushing the limits of the foam much but they should last for a very long time on the garage floor, unless you have some super powered brushless motor on it.