MBX R2 or Ultra MBX Pro? Which one is better?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok I never said the MBX was a choice at first please re read and you will see it was between a Thunder Tiger or a Storm. The hobby shop I am talking about is Jakes Performance Hobbies where I go at least twice a month. The hobby shop here the guys a moe and still will not get Storm parts, Ofna parts, HB parts, Kyosho parts, Thunder Tiger parts, Mugen parts..I think you get the picture. I said right NOW my next choice is the Mugen MBX 5 since it is out. With the Mugen I will be stuck buying everthing online which sucks in my opinion and my first choice was an RTR and Mugens dont make RTR's either did K until they came out with an Inferno RTR or as they call it the Inferno Sports "readyset" In April. So thats another reason I didnt buy a K for the simple fact I was not comfortable buying something in 1000 pieces at that time. Now putting together a buggy is a cake walk and I do it every weekend pretty much x2 since I own 2 buggies. Anyways stop trying to guess what I was, and what I am thinking. My agenda in no was has to match anyones expectations. I call it like I see it from my experience which is minimal. Also I dont just make stuff up and shove it down peoples throat. I just tell people what's out there and whats real

c'mon just get in a fight. Lioz.

Now that I'm seeing a few more interesting "hop-ups" for the MBX R2, I'm glad I got mine. I can slap on an LX/Worlds 6-degree kickup chassis, 4.1mm CNC racing shock towers with 6 shock positions (similar to Hyper 7 PBS's suspension conf.) and 4 turnbuckle positions, and all I have to do is buy one pair of CVAs for the rear since it came with front CVAs.

I also like the GS Storm but it's quite an expensive car (somewhat more than a Hyper 7 costs), and a Mugen MBX4-XR or MBX5 might be my next car for next summer.