Mamba setup...What the Crap!!!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yeah I read the lil text block about good batteries, but they don't really elaborate on what a "Good Battery" is.....I mean do I need some 60 dollar matched sets for a mini or is the LRP pack a good battery....I din't change it to high...might have gone normal or medium (whatever the middle setting is)....yeah I know the smaller tires will help but I'm using a 15t pinion...I figued it would be all torque but it's kind of slow to start.....

Revo, What settings did you do on your RC18?

drop the teath on the pinion or increase on the spur or both for more lower end and less top end.

yeah I realized I grapped the higher gear.....DOH...that back-ass-wards thinking when you're excited.....well I have plenty O time to change the gear now......I just shredded an outdrive.....it just whizzed by me at WOT and spit the drive shaft out and just melted the cup...I thought the factory team had alloy cups???

man thats weird you say that about the outdrives shredding. People told me they would shread and the dogbones would snap and all that but none ever happened to me...

you melted an alloy cup...NICE!!!!!

yeah man I am ITCHING to get back home and get mine going. I'm stuck here in Effing Frenchy land (no disrespect to you Montreal-ers) but I just want to go home and play with my toys. LOL

have fun with it Rob. They are a friggin blast and the speeds never get boring. I just got tired of breakin stuff all the time, hehe.

no it doesn't have alloy cups...that's what I thought was wierd....at least get the drive collars for yours if you don't have alloy cups....it's so friggin fast...I adjusted all the power settings to give it bang off the line and even w/ the 15t pinion it get's moving quick....I really think I'm going to be putting the mamba in the road car.....the RC18 is just insane w/it.....

Back