LST XXL Dynamite engine support brace?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ToBeFrank

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I keep reading this is one of the first upgrades everyone is doing before running their XXL. Is this brace still available? It's sold out everywhere and it doesn't show up on the Dynamite web site when you search for it in their search box. Is this upgrade still needed?

I keep reading this is one of the first upgrades everyone is doing before running their XXL. Is this brace still available? It's sold out everywhere and it doesn't show up on the Dynamite web site when you search for it in their search box. Is this upgrade still needed?

I've owned an LST2 that I have upgraded into a XXL and the only thing so far I've seen that really needs upgraded on the XXL is the Arms, especially the fronts. Maybe the turnbuckles but I havent had alot of trouble from them. I also put stiffer springs and heavier shock oil in mine. So far I havent broken much of anything else and I put mine a good 14-16 feet in the air on numerous occasions.

Been looking for an LST2 or XXL. Is there any place that still sells them?

I've owned an LST2 that I have upgraded into a XXL and the only thing so far I've seen that really needs upgraded on the XXL is the Arms, especially the fronts. Maybe the turnbuckles but I havent had alot of trouble from them. I also put stiffer springs and heavier shock oil in mine. So far I havent broken much of anything else and I put mine a good 14-16 feet in the air on numerous occasions.

Thanks. I've been out of the hobby for several years, but having started with a tmaxx, I remember how something broke literally every time I took it out to do some bashing. I'm hoping to avoid that experience with the XXL. I'll look into the RPM arms.

---------- Post added at 9:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 9:02 PM ----------

Been looking for an LST2 or XXL. Is there any place that still sells them?

As far as I know the XXL is readily available online and should be in most hobby shops.

XXL is pretty new. It repalced the LST2. Basically the same machine of slightly longer chassis and slightly bigger motor. The XXL is a beast I love it and probably the toughest basher out there is the HPI Savage. (theres 100 different flavors). Savages are generally considered the toughest basher on the market out of the box. The XXL is tough especially with the RPM arm upgrades but not quite as tough as the savage though. The XXL is a little faster, more nimble and has a lower center of gavity though than the Savage so I kinda prefer the XXL but I love my savage too.

I can't find the brace anywhere either. Would assume it still needs it since the one that is listed is still the crappy cast aluminum one that cracks all the time.

XXL is pretty new. It repalced the LST2. Basically the same machine of slightly longer chassis and slightly bigger motor. The XXL is a beast I love it and probably the toughest basher out there is the HPI Savage. (theres 100 different flavors). Savages are generally considered the toughest basher on the market out of the box. The XXL is tough especially with the RPM arm upgrades but not quite as tough as the savage though. The XXL is a little faster, more nimble and has a lower center of gavity though than the Savage so I kinda prefer the XXL but I love my savage too.

I've done a lot of reading and it seems to be a continuing argument on which is more bulletproof out of the box. From all my reading I've made my decision to get the XXL. It sounds like the XXL for the most part just needs the engine brace and either RPM arms or keep stock ones on hand. It figures though, I can't find the Dynamite brace anywhere.

I did some searching around too and I can't find an engine support brace. I must be lucky then cuz my engine mounts have never broken. I have broken the chassis brace before though. I was kind of surprised when I saw that. If you want to try a stronger Engine mount you could try GPM aluminum mount found HERE. As far as I know GPM makes good quality aluminum parts. I've bought a couple parts from them and havent had any complaints yet at least.

I did some searching around too and I can't find an engine support brace. I must be lucky then cuz my engine mounts have never broken. I have broken the chassis brace before though. I was kind of surprised when I saw that.

I think we're talking about the same thing. The Losi manual calls it the motor plate/chassis Brace, but Dynamite calls it the engine support brace. Losi part number: LOSB2254. Dynamite part number: DYN7214.

---------- Post added at 9:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 8:50 AM ----------

Aha! Thanks for the link to the GPM stuff. They make the same chassis brace!

Ahhhhhh in deed we are talking about the same thing....I didn't realize that was also called a engine brace. That link above has good aluminum replacements in red, blue, or silver.