LRP Z.21R in a T Maxx

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Huggybear87

RCTalk Racer
Active Military
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Hey guys, I'm hoping someone out there can help me.
I'm looking at replacing the TRX 3.3 in my T Maxx still Close to 2 years now that I've been going to do this...
I don't want to spend a squillion dollars on something over the top, I've been looking at the LRP Z.21R it looks like a good engine, but I was wondering would the standard clutch from the 3.3 fit?
Also would i need an aftermarket engine mount.
Can anyone suggest a good manifold or would the standard manifold off the 3.3 fit?
Thanks in advance guys

The TRX 3.3 is a pretty good engine fromwhat I've heard. What are you looking for in the engine?

The conrod in my 3.3split down the middle and after talking to some people it.sounded like that was a common problem with them.
I can got the LRP engine for $150AUD I just don't want to have to spend that again to make it fit

Just for what it's worth, traxxas does have an exchange program on their motors. Is a low dollar alternative. I am not familiar with the rest of the swap you're trying. Good luck with whatever you do and please post your results!

I've never had a 3.3 ,but what I heard ,I don't even want to see one in none of my rides!
Its well worth finding a better engine ,even if it takes a little bit more money for mods to
fit it ,an a Tmaxx doesn't take much for a good reliable engine that you can count on!

Traxxas down fall is putting an under powered engine in a 1/8 scale heavy truck to begin with.
The T-maxx was never labeled as a 1/10 or a 1/8 ,but it is a heavy 4x4 truck that should have a
big block reliable engine.

3.3 for a stadium truck or the street car 4- tec ok!
A heavy 4x4 NO!