Lrp .28 Spec 3 parts

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ibanez830

RCTalk Champion
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Are there any big hobby sites like Amain or Tower that sells parts for the LRP .28? I've looked around and can't seem to find parts. I have a spare one but I've already used a few parts and it'd be nice to have some more spares. I've been on Ebay but I don't feel like making a Paypal account unless I really need to.

Why did they discontinue the engine anyways?

They came out with an LRP30 ;-) TONS of cheap parts for em on eBay though. Just open a PayPal account...and use your CC to pay via PayPal. You don't HAVE to link your bank account if you don't want to....only if you want to GET money via PayPal. You can pay without the link ;-)

I need to order a conrod and a rear bearing for the same engine actually. Scrogg traded me his EB Mods LRP28R. I just got rid of the stocker I had too.

I guess I'll open one up then. I don't have a credit card yet, I'm only 17, so I'll just ask my mother if she can help me out.

I also noticed Amain is still selling the .28 spec 3, are these just left overs?

Quick question- I just put in a new OWB and the second time I went to start the truck, it was slipping. What could be causing this? Seems to sometimes catch fully, then sometimes turn the motor over once then slip.

Edit
I was looking at that before, I'll probably be buying from there.

Thanks for the help

I have 3 different engines, and the OWB seems to slip on all of em, no matter how often I clean it or rough up the starter shaft.. Only thing that helps is pre-warming the engine (and pull starter) with a hair dryer or heat gun, before starting the engine.. The heat makes the pull starter grab, and also lets the engines start on the first pull, just about every time.. Give it a try.. :)
Note: I use an old hair dryer on its hottest setting, and warm the engine for appx. 50 seconds.. (10 count on all 4 sides then straight down into the head, getting the gun as close as I can.. Head reads about 115* when I'm done.)

Mick...you are better off getting it up past 150 or so if you can. That give the sleeve a bit more temp to expand a little before you fire it up. At 115 it's barely getting warmed up ;-)

...and I hate OWB. I much prefer bump start now that I tried it!

I'll probably buy a new button head, pull starter and a new OWB. If it continues to slip, then oh well, just might take longer to start. I'll go pick up a heat gun next week also.

Thanks for the help.

There is a nifty little motor heater on the market now as well, but their web site has not been published as of yet. It's from a company called CompetitionHeat. They made a sweet little engine warmer! I picked mine up at Psycho Nitro Blast. $90 and well worth it! Heats an engine up to @ 180-200 degrees in 10-15 minutes depending on ambient temp, but requires a 110v power source.

There is a HUGE thread on rctech talking about this heater...with pics.

http://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-off-road/371244-competition-heat-inc.html

I'll look into that, although I doubt I'll need it. I usually run in the summer and I never needed to pre-heat my engine before.

You may need to replace the starter shaft that the OWB rides on, it may be worn down too far. Do not ever sand or rough up a starter shaft....A bearing rides on it!
OWB's are made with needle bearings held in place by a plastic cage inside the hex casing. This is one of the reasons why it is so important that you loosen the glow plug and preheat a tight engine. It breaks the plastic cage if you don't.
Other thing is fuels. Some are worse than others about making a OWB slip. I used to put high temp axle bearing grease on my OWBs, it repells the fuel for a while and keeps the one way bearing happy.

I'll try that tomorrow. When I changed the OWB I don't think I changed the shaft as well, maybe thats the problem.

Thanks

Mick...you are better off getting it up past 150 or so if you can. That give the sleeve a bit more temp to expand a little before you fire it up. At 115 it's barely getting warmed up ;-)

Heat it up past 150* says the hobby hoe with his "new" mini motor heater!! LOL.. I'm workin with an old ass, worn out, hair dry over here!! Cut me some slack! hehe.. :D

LMAO! Hey I can get my engine temps up to like 170 with a Wagner Heat Gun ;-) heheh Buy a new blow dryer :p

Back