losing control

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sirree

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
My buggy veers off to the right. The breaks come on, but don't stay on. The throttle comes on though with less regularity than the brake. Plz help.:bow:

Last edited:
This could be due to interferrance. Are you running next to made made structures? Does this happen no matter where you take it?

Try swapping the servo with a spare if you have one, just to make sure the servo isnt bad.

Also, batteries, what kind are you using?

Are you using a failsafe?

AM, FM, P/C/P/M, HRS setup?

Make sure you didnt loose a piece of your antenna. They are cut to a 'tuned' length for your receiver. Also make sure your antenna is properly mounted and not running along the chassis etc.

Lastly, which prob should have been first, very closely inspect your servo wires. Sometimes you can take a very tiny chunk of the plastic shielding off and have exposed wire. This is bad bad bad. I have had it happen 3 times on 2 rides already. If so, electrica tape, shrinwrap or some wire wrap will work.

Let us know,
Chris

i dont have a spare servo, £30 each
nicad rechargeable
using a failsafe
i think its am 27mhz
antennae seems ok
the servo wires and connectors seem ok
thx steve

it doesn't seem to happen close up
happens when engine switched off

Last edited:
I had this same problem. IF you servo's are all twitchy , RECHarge The Battery! That will fix it. Try that before you spen more money.
[move]-Kellen[/move]

could be some metal to metal contact as well. Check to make sure that the pipe and header are not touching first and foremost. From there, its exploration time. Any metal 'chatter' can cause it. And if it doesn't happen when the engine is running then more than likely its metal to metal contact. Unfortunately it can be very difficult to find.

i have recharged the battery. thats not it
the head of the screws that go into the servo horns are touching the alloy chassis plate could that be it?

The metal-to-metal theory mostly applies to really loose parts. If the metal and metal are secured and dont move...dont worry about it.
[move]-Kellen[/move]

I've only had trouble metal to metal wise with electrics...

I replaced the idler gear and the drive gear in my lectric brick with metal counterparts and it went full throttle everytime it got about 6 feet away from me.

I would just look for metal on metal contact.

The metal to metal theory (and its not just a theory...it's scientific fact) mostly applies to ANY "loose" metal to metal contact, really loose or just a little loose. It gets especially bad under high vibration (ie like when the engine is running). This can get really ugly if you have any carbon fiber chassis parts that make contact with the metal and the electronics.

Suggestion, the head of the screw that you think is making contact (the one you mentioned that is attached to the servo), get some hobby foam and put a piece between the screw and the alloy chassis it comes in contact with. Odds are you will see the problem go away.

If not, check all metal to metal connections and ensure that they are snug. Make sure you are using loctite on screws that secure metal to metal pieces. Make sure that all wiring on your RC is properly jacketed, especially where it comes in contact with metal or carbon fiber parts. Bare wiring in contact with metal will drain the battery and cause the glitching you are seeing. Bare wiring in contact with carbon fiber can cause all kinds of problems...most common one is burnt out receiver.

Regardless, this sounds like a simple problem with an easy solution. You just have to take the time to hunt down the errant metal to metal contact (which it sounds like you already have...the servo horn screw) and then remedy it...the hobby foam.

Happy motoring...

I've checked the servos and with only one connected the problem still occurs that applies to both of them. I've removed the failsafe and its not that. so, its either the rx tx battery metal to metal bare wire or loose connector. idont think its a bare wire or loose connector they werent touched from new, I've checked all the connectors even down to putting a new y lead in and i can't see how a wire could bare without handling I've checked the batteries with a multimeter and the voltage is ok that leaves the tx rx or metal to metal, I'm gonna work on the m to m especially those screws and see what happens
thx and ill let you know
when it stops raining
steve