Losi or Associated

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

godale03

Awesomer!! Than Rolex!!
Supporter
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Hey Guys,

Looking at picking up a 4WD electric buggy and was wondering what you guys think.

I am looking at the B44, as well as the XXX-4 buggies.

Any suggestions? Thanks

Tom

I just sent you a pm with a deal you can not pass up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was looking at the B44 as well. I've been impressed with AE in general, but I couldn't pass up a good deal on a mint Lazer ZX-5 from Dom. Have you considered the Kyosho? It's a bit cheaper than the B44.

If it wasn't for the oddball front shock tower (WTF were they thinking?!?! probably Ka-ching! more spare parts sold!) setup, I'd go the AE. The only saving grace is the ease-of-changing the towers.

The Losi, however, is prone to arm mount breakage. Land it just right, and it shatters like fine china.

I really wish AE would have up-scaled the RC18 series. Guess they weren't selling many RC18 parts...

Kyosho, I don't have that much experience with the latest K cars, but I hear they're great.

Of the three, I'd say go for the K car. At least until the B44-2 comes out. Hopefully they'll fire whoever came up with that whacked out design.

I have looked at the Kyosho, but my LHS does not stock parts. Kyosho said he would need to buy $1000 a month in parts to keep an account open. He stocks pleanty of Associated and Losi however.

The only thing I see wrong with the B44 is that fact that the batteries are saddle style and I can't for the life of me figure out how that damn things are mounted and removed from the buggy. I never paid to much attention to the design of the B44... it looked alot like the JConsepts buggy at first glance.

I have heard the Losi's are fragile, and that would be bad for a driver as talented as myself! Ha!

Fastflee made me a nice offer, but with the Baby comming... the expendable cash flow isn't as fast as I would like it to be. If I do end up getting a car, it would be the car first and then the moter, ESC and such later. I would have to do this one over time.... hopefully buy the spring. LOL

Tom

The B44 has thumb twist secured battery braces. I don't think it's too difficult to remove, however slightly more time consuming I suppose. I don't know much about the Losis.. The only Losi product I've ever had is my Mini-t turned Mini-Slider. Not an impressive vehicle for the current times. From what I've read so far I'd suggest the B44.

I would say the AE car is the way to go then.. Just stock up on arms and shock towers.

If Kyosho was easier to get parts for, I'd get one myself.

I think I read somewhere that the B44 was partially designed by JConcepts. Wouldn't surprise me in the least, with that exposed shock tower. That seriously has to be the most retarded thing in the world (in my opinion). I could see it with a composite material, but carbon fiber will just snap right off.

That shock tower is really left out there isn't it? Damn, it wouldn't take me long to snap that bad boy off!! Have to get a few extra front towers and keep them in the box.

i would still recommend the kyosho. the only parts you should keep in stock would be arms, knuckles, hubs, shock towers and tower braces. all cheap, and commonly broken parts on any car. the zx-5 is pretty darn durable though. i have an SP in the mail right now actually. let me know if you ever want to come up and race it when you do get a 4wd. we are going to have a good group of them running here in PA this outdoor season.

BTW, i still need your address to send you those tires. send it to me in a text when you have time.

Hey Man... Txt Sent Thanks!

I am still looking. I have a few weeks to make up my mind. I think right now it would be between the B44 and the Laser... Does Kyosho still use phillips hardware? I hope to race a bit this year, but with the baby comming.. it is hard to say when and how much I will be able to race this year. I am going to get a 4WD.. it is just a matter of which one... choices! LOL

Tom

Yes, I believe Kyosho still uses phillips. I don't understand why. Fortunately, I got mine with a hex screw kit already installed. :thumbup:

Back