Losi or AE?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike c.

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I have been saving up my mony and have been thinking about a st and have it down to two staidum trucks.
the AE rc10gt plus
main_gt.jpg

or the team Losi xxx-nt sport
sportcollage2.jpg

I am leaning to the losi because the engine and radio. what do you guys think?

You can't go wrong with either. They are both the best in class as far as I am concerned.

i was stuck with the same problem. you will not be dissapointed with either truck. the rc10gt is about 50-60 dollars less than the losi. thats mainly because of the radio. now, remember you will be needing like 50-100 dollars worth of extra stuff after you buy the car such as batteries, fuel, glow plugs, etc. so if you are on a tight budget defintely go with the rc10gt. also if you wanna save even more money, look into the associated factory refurbished rc10gt. its straight from the factory in perfect working order and it is only 229.99. now that is a deal if i have ever seen one. go here- http://www.teamassociated.com/misc/refurbs_home.htm
if you wanna spend a little more money then the losi is an awesome truck as well. you do get a much better radio. the engines are both .15 "rtr" engines and will perform about the same.
i decided to look around on ebay for a truck and i found a hell of a deal on my losi xxx-nt. and it already came with a new engine, pipe, servos, and tires.

bottom line is (if you want a brand new one) go with the one that fits your budget better. you will not be dissapointed with either. trust me and the rest of the people that are gonna come in this thread and say that.

I love my xxxnt, but I have never drove a rc10gt. Either one is a great choice, but it is all personal preference, my vote is for the Losi.

i have the losi sport and i love. It starts very easily. Most of the time on the first pull for me.The engine is pretty easy to tune also. Plus,it handles like a dream. The associated it also an excellent truck.I guess it comes down to which one you think would suit you better. Make sure to check you lhs and see if they stock parts for one truck or another.IF they stock both, i would get the losi. But that is just me

I haven't look into stadium trucks much but I think I would suggest the Losi just because of the better radio. My NTC3 came with the same radio that is pictured with the RC10GT and while it works it just has the cheap feal to it.

As what has been mentioned already take a trip to your LHS and see what kind of parts they stock. That should help with your decision.

well we now have 3 losi sport owners in this thread (and we arent biased either lol). but as we all said the associated is a great truck too.
also definetely do what jared said. go to your lhs and see what truck they stock more parts for.

thanks for the input I think i'll go with the xxx-nt sport. because my friend has one and the truck is FAST. plus, we were doing this all day.
NR-1015-Soko.jpg

sweet man. great choice. let us know how you like it when it comes.

this question comes up alot - and it gets answered the same way. both trucks are top of the line, whether u get the RTR or the full factory kits. If you can afford it, in RTR trim, the Losi is better, mainly due to the upgraded radio

This question is alot like the coke vs pepsi debate. Both are quality products without one being truly better than the other. In the end it really comes down to personal taste and preference.

well just 10 more bucks and I got a losi. I got one question, the frist upgrade i'll do is losi grafite (sp?) a-arms. where can I get these besides my lhs

if you are an ebay person like me:thumbup: you can get all the drake hop ups from there. Or you can get them from www.towerhobbies.com i have herd a lot of people on the boards say that they like to do buisness with them Or you can check out, www.horizonhobby.com

I am gonna get the truck from horizon, but how do you chose the color of the body?

I couldnt find a place where you could. Maybe it is part of the check out? i started to go through some of it to see if it was there, but it might be later in the check out. You might not even be able pick the color. But i am not sure. Any one bought a truck from horizon?

i just thought i would suggest another site to get the truck from- http://www.harcohobbies.com/nitro/nitro_offroad_rtr.aspx (scroll down a little)
it is 339.99 like everywhere else but on this site it comes with batteries, glow starter, and fuel bottle.
now I've never ordered from them so i can't say about their service but i came across their site a while back and thats a pretty good deal considering its the same price as all the other sites.

hey elroy this isnt gonna be like the bullsh*t you pulled in the banned forum where u keep asking questions about something, and never plan on buying it, is it?

I swear i answered like 30 damn questions for you about the NTC3 as well as Mjime too, and u completely ignored our suggestions, and didnt buy anything. Now its a losi - whats next - a serpent?

:trashed: well, I did buy the losi for real from horizion and I couldn't find the color thing ether, but I don't care as long as it's not grape. I got 2 day shipping so it'll be here tomarrow.

take some pics of it shreddin dirt once u get it broke in! good luck, its a good truck!

Originally posted by Nitroaddict
hey elroy this isnt gonna be like the bullsh*t you pulled in the banned forum where u keep asking questions about something, and never plan on buying it, is it?

I swear i answered like 30 damn questions for you about the NTC3 as well as Mjime too, and u completely ignored our suggestions, and didnt buy anything. Now its a losi - whats next - a serpent?

hehe- I love it when NA gets a bug up his ass. Makes my morning reading so much more fun.

Back