Losi 1/24 SCT-BL won't run LIPO's anymore?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

davetfft

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I just picked up a 1/24 brushless and some extra LIPOs, 2S 250 and 300 mah... for some reason it stopped working when the lipos are installed. The steering works but no fwd/rvs.

If I place the NiMH in it then both steering and fwd/rvs work.

All the LIPOs are charged, the charger indicates full charge, the batteries indicate 8.3V but yet no luck. They DID work for several runs so they did work for a bit.

Any ideas?

Thanks!
Dave

IDK about the 24th scale micros but the 32nd scale micros come stock with a brushed ESC and you have to switch it out to a brushless ESC... Just taking a stab in the dark.

Is there a voltage 'cap' that the ESC could be shutting down because of? Is 8.2V ok but does it see 8.3 as a severely undercharged 3s and then cut off the ESC?

Any thoughts?

IMO if your running the stock esc set up for brushed, then see if its lipo compatible and see what the cut off is. I don't know about the stock esc for a traxxas. You may need to swap of out.

btw this is still running all stock components on the 1/24 losi brushless SCT, no mods, stock ESC, etc etc.... and it's supposed to be good up to 3s...

Are you able to see the programming, if so check to see if its still lipo mode and see what the lipo cut off is.

No lipo power

I have the same vehicle with the same issue. Only difference is that with a 2S lipo, I have NEVER had it work. I have steering and the control unit powers up. I tried re-binding but with no change. I put the 4.8v NiMH back in and the whole unit functions normally. The esc says right on it 4.8V - 11.1V. So my 2S lip is charged to 8.2V but nada! I see this is an old thread. Will post back if I find any new info.

Here's how you get it goin!

with some of these ESC's, when you put in a freshly charged Lipo, the speed control won't respond because of a glitch. Here's how to get around this problem:

1. Install the fresh charged battery, turn on radio, turn on power to car and work the steering servo back and forth on the radio for at least 30 seconds. What you're trying to do is take the "edge" or top charge off the battery.

2. Now leaving the radio on, UNPLUG the battery, wait a few seconds (5) and then plug battery back in. Hit the throttle and GO!

Another way to deal with this issue is to run the freshly charged lipo in another model for just a few moments, then put it in your Losi.

Hope this helps! :first_place:

Back