Losi 1/10 scale crawler !!!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yep, race roller according to Losi's website. $285

That's why I hate it when he said like 4 times its ready to compete right out of the box....

No its not you butthead.... You need a lot of expensive stuff to get it going.

Last edited by a moderator:
A worm gear mesh only allows rotation from one gear to the other but not visa versa. The worm can turn the gear but the gear cannot turnt he worm. So the drive shaft can turn the wheels but the wheels cannot turn the driveshaft, get it? There is no drag brake needed because as soon as you pull out of the throttle the worm gear mesh will bind and essentially brakes the drivetrain. The truck will alway be in a state of full brake unless rotation is given to the worm gear which will only happen via the motor.

thank u lessen.I understand the power of the worm now

thank u lessen.I understand the power of the worm now

Ya know, with this single phrase, i could have just grabbed the train, and derailed it in the complete opposite direction. But I'm gona digress, and just say yes, the worm is a great tool to have, on a crawler.

With worm drive you also gain more clearance being there is no differential hanging down on your axels and more importantly, you can't stop a worm drive either. As long as it has power and traction it will climb till it's on it's lid. :D

I have 1:1 with worm drive and it will climb straight up a tree till it's vertical. Quite fun actually. I am glad that the worm drive hit the 2.2 crawlers with Losi and Kyosho starting the trend.

I have 2 of these that are also worm drive. Good ol' Coot.
bro35.jpg

I will have to bust out some pics of mine one day when it's not late.

Last edited:
Just so you guys will have an idea of what this post is about, I'm posting about the Original topic, the Losi crawler.

I've been itching for these worm drive axles since I saw my first set on a 2.2 comp rig a long time ago, and I was considering custom building a few sets until I heard someone on the other side of the grape vine whispering about Losi's new rig.

I will definitely have one of these as soon as I can get my paws on one. Losi has done an excellent job of convincing me of the quality of their stuff with the crawler parts that I've been running since I built my first rig.

i hope horrizon didnt skimp out on this rig, it looks like its got the right stuff.

Front dig can be usefull occasionally. you ll likely use rear dig more often than front, but it can be handy to have. I love the worm drive, good stuff right there. isnt there a differance in how this dig setup works over say the VF/DNA with the lock/free/4wd setup?

Raising this from it's shallow grave.

Looks like the release of this rig has been delayed until the end of May which means June is more likely.

I am pretty bummed out about it.

Oh well. At least it gives me more time to accumulate the electrics.

I will be using either the 35T or 45T Holmes Hobbies hand wounds
Hitec 7950TG for steering and a 5245 for the dig
Sidewinder for the ESC

I know I have stated many times that I will never own a product with the Spektrum name on it, but it looks like I will be picking up a DX3R just so I can utilize the 3 position 3rd channel on this rig. I still can't believe my 3PKS doesn't have a proper 3 position 3rd channel and I am not about to spend the $$ and get the 4PK. I can pick up a DX3R and an extra receiver and still have money left over when compared to the price of the 4PK.

I will still be using the 3PKS for my Baja's and other rigs. The DX3R will just be for crawling.

I have already picked up a set of Vanquish Comp rims and Proline Chisels to run on the Losi. I guess they will have a layer of dust on them by the time the rig is released.

Last edited:
i hope you arent suprised that its been bumped back lol....its losi...I'm prolly gonna preorder mine at the end of march if i decide i need one...the only thing i find appealing about it is that its a shafty with front and rear dig.

You're right. I should not be surprised. Some companies have a tendency to let the cat out of the bag way to soon.

I like the F/R dig setup along with the worm drive axles.

one other plus that chip pointed out is the after market products for these rigs is gonna be crazy! i never really thought about that part but every one is gonna be producing comp chassis, upgrade parts and so on for these so finding parts is not gonna be a challenge at all.