Losi 1/10 scale crawler !!!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
looks like this is the body they are going to run...

attachment.php

AND the video!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uScV5PPIf_I

Does it sound funny to anyone else???
Rich probly didn't put grease in the diffs.

Does anybody else beside me feel that flames and crawler bodies don't mingle?
I love the paint job

Does sound funny though--like a glitching servo sound to it. Sorta.
It's not a servo my guess diff or tranny gears

it does look pretty cool but id still rather have a berg.
bergs are so last month :hehe::p:

i wish i had a berg too

i can't get over the body i like the new look grappler
I will sell you mine, I love the new grappler.

I don't like the body either. I think I tend to like more traditional shells on crawlers. I find it interesting that although I don't have much drive to get into crawling I sure do have a lot of opinions about it. :shrug:

I think the noise comes from the worm gear mesh. There's a lot of lateral friction going on there. That's just my guess as to the source of the screeching sound. I wonder what the material is...?
My best guess metal gears, plastic doesn't work, PTI tried that a failed......
i believe its brushless in the video could be it:shrug:
It's not the brushless setup I have never heard one that sounded like that, well my Slash did when it stripped the spur gear :hehe:
Another pic....

action.jpg
Nice to see Losi is still reppin RCC, look at the sticker on the side.:hehe:

Last edited:
You can lock the rear axle from moving for turning, or you can free wheel the rear to be able to let the front wheels do all the pulling for stabilization during uphill n such

It looks an awful lot like the AX10 ARTR body to me, even similar colors, I like the idea of the front and rear dig stock and the losi crawler shocks standard is cool...but I think I will stick with my AX10 ARTR for now....

ur not dreaming alpine he did dig it just for u

F'n hell yea, an RTR with full capabilities. Saweet.

I hope it comes rtr! I just want to bash it, and paint the body flat black lol!

Finally, Losi get serious :)

They've had some of the key components for a 2.2 crawler hanging around for a while now, it's about time they threw one together. The 2.2 parts they do already are very high quality and loved by many 2.2 runners already (myself included), I agree with Chip, if Losi do it it's gonna be a rip-snorter.

Best features are the dig (although why front *and* rear?), worm drive axles (no drag brake required) and of course the tyres and shocks which we all know about already. Overall the transmission looks like a really nice unit, and even with the dig it's pretty compact.

I've been seeing a lot of 2.2 rigs released recently that for one reason or another fell short of the mark left by the Axial. This thing is the only thing with shafts that I've looked at and seen my own comp rig more or less.

I knew the shafties would come up trumps eventually hehe :D

My best guess metal gears, plastic doesn't work, PTI tried that a failed......

I would think the worm could be of a metallic material while the spur could be delrin or some sort of plastic that would glide better. I wouldn't think that would be as prone to failure as a standard mesh of metal/plastic would. Just my 2 cents on that.

I bet it will just be a kit... or ARTR

yep, race roller according to Losi's website. $285

I would think the worm could be of a metallic material while the spur could be delrin or some sort of plastic that would glide better. I wouldn't think that would be as prone to failure as a standard mesh of metal/plastic would. Just my 2 cents on that.

Losi's site says it a heat treated steel worm gear. Not sure about the other though.

We'll see.