lookin for a good basher buggy?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you ever plan on racing don't go with the 9.5. It is too wide, the and the fuel tank is too big. I've also heard that its not quite as durable as the hyper. The 9.5 was designed by Hong Nor, in my opinion and quite a few others here, the hong nor stuff is not well designed and parts quality/fit is not that great. Where as the hyper is designed my Ho Bao racing and...well...it has proven itself time and time again.

Here is a pic posted by Zandor of his PCR and the abuse that it can take...
4169P1010007.jpg

well I've already got a 9.5...I thought it was race legal..only the violator was too wide...well I'm fairly hayy w/ mine I just happened to have a ridiculous head on crash w/ another ofna christmas eve and it wrecked me...since then I've been finding little broken things and replacing them.....it was a really sick crash I showed a neighbor how to start and break in his engine and he figured 1/2 tank was good enough then went WOT straight into my buggy on the street......he's paying for the repairs....but anyhoo it's my first buggy and I got it with all the graphite hops for a t-maxx trade, so it's a good test buggy...I'm waiting for my tax return to get a new buggy..not sure what yet though...not really lookin at the kyosho stuff but I'm open to everything else.....that pic looks crazy....I'm trying to get mine to jump onto my roof and then have a ramp to jump off from......I'm going for try #3 next week....

look like one touf buggy. are there any other parts the are hopped up from the lx comp?
Thnks for the list gagnon. Zandor did you launch that hyper of a fence with a peice of wood on it? lol thats looks pretty cool. My lhs carries all the parts for it and i think I'm gonna buy one soon.

Ya the board you see on the bottom rail of the fence was on the top rail..When I hit the ramp it fell down! Just lucky it fell after the lanch...

it looks pretty sweet. Do you do any track racing with it or just bashing. Also wat are some good hop ups to do to the pbs. i wanna make it take a bullet and keep on flyin.

Nope just bash.. I did add a rb ws711 and graphite shock towers..thats it the pbs and the pcr right out of the box is very strong.and IMO ready for the track. The hyper 8 port mill is ok but for my self I like mopower LOL.
If you get the pcr rtr make sure you tear it down and loctite all the metal to metal screws (blue lock tite)

Sounds pretty cool. What part usually brealk the most while bashing so i know what extras to keep on hand? I also plan on doing some local track racing. is there anything special i will need to help give my self and that hyper a gold metal? I can't wait to get it.

P.S. I'm getting the hyper pbs.

shock shafts, if u manage 2 break/bend anything, it'll finally be those. maybe a couple extra pbs bolts. after that, not much at all. mine was a tank out on the track. watch the videos?

-Ult

Ya there sweet. I like swamper and UltegraSTI. I noticed different tires you had on the pbs in the UltegraSTI vid. what kind of tires are those? are thay for racing or just because your others wore out? is the pbs stock or do you have some minor mods on it? thanks :cheers:

there's 2 vids of mine on there. despite then havin a sick hyper 8 (damage sleeve from previous owner) and he havin a s7 (ebmod) i still turn quicker laps ;)

he had knuckles and i had crime fighters. runnin around u can use anythin includin what came w/it. go 2 the track CFs will work just about anywhere. its all PBS and it was stock. tire/wheels, good steering servo and my AR radio. springs change and a 2stage air filter thats it.

u can do anythin w/it. hopefully my SUT thats now gettin converted down to a Storm Pro will treat me as kind. or else i'll go back 2 the hyper. have 2 ponder that here in the next couple wks b4 the hyper buyer is ready.

-Ult

your gonna sell ur hyper! i though u liked it. not like i want it or anything but still. :boxing: :spit: :argue: . I can't wait till i get it. are the stock tires and rims garbage or will they work till they wear out. Its lookin pretty good for the hyper pbs. o ya once again nice vids ult!
:cheers:

its in the air, i'm convertin my SUT down into a storm pro as we speak. so then the question is whether 2 keep the storm pro or sell it off and all the extras (almost a cars worth) and run the hyper w/my GS 25 truck engines.

stock tires are fine for runnin around, but come track time u want somethin more appropriate. rims are fine.

-Ult

the stock tires suck rims are all right. I run knuckles on my PCR all the time But I only bash.. for racing you mite want to look at the crime fighters.but again its going to depend on the track condition..

Hey Ofna buggy basher, here is a link to some of my vids. They show me and zandor doing some buggy bashing and some buggy abuse. Starring my PBS and his PCR.

my vids

great vids zandor and ryhton. any one else got any hyper 7 vids for me to watch before i have my own. What do you need to use the starter box? like a 7 cell pack or something? also does the pbs come with a pull start on it or you have to use the box?

The starter box that comes with the PBS uses two 6 cell 7.2V flat packs. Ofna dosen't offer the pbs with a pull start, starterbox only, the pcr came with a box and pull start at one time but as far as I know they stopped doing that.

alrighty looking good my man my man. alright alright. bye bye?