lookin for a good basher buggy?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So your are saying the carb on the hyper engines are hard to work on. Did i get that right? also your saying to get a new carb the os 20e carb? Is that an easy switch. what would i have to use to take one off and put the other on? I dont have any extra money for another motor i can barley get my parents to get me the hyper. Bigfreak what do you mean by a mid range bog? wouldent i just adjust the mid range screw to take care of it?

dont worry about switching carbs.. just try to learn it... people that are sugeting carbs.. you gotta remember.. carbs arent cheap.. plus i think its a good idea to learn how to tune.. I've used a poopy carb and its what I've learned on and i have gotten good at tuning that way

ya that way i will be able to bet real good at tunning and my buggy will fly. So i think I'm goin with the hyper pbs. If anyone finds a hyper or pcr lower than 409 hook me up!

The hyper 7 pcr is very nice if you want OFNA Dude... Keep looking! Try ebay too.

If your just bashing look at the Storms as well. They are going pretty cheap right now.

What ever you do DO NOT ADJUST THE MID NEEDLE! Your just going to f*%# things up!

OFNA buggy basher said:
Whats the difference between the pcr and pbs plus what do the hypers have that the comp doesn't? also i dont think I'm ready to jump from 280 all the way to 500. also can you send me some links on the lowest price you have seen on the hyper. i just dont see the advantage of the extra $220? thanks alot you guys have been a real help.
ok here's where you notice the extra 220....bashing in your front yard you tag a sprinkler head and send your new buggy cartwheeling down the street and break some small front end pieces....bring your new ride to the hobby shop and HOLY CRAP....all those little pieces cost about 100 bucks to replace.....adn you still have the weaker set up...same thing happens twice and that's where you notice the difference.......trust me I've learned that lesson B4.....bashing is way harder on RC stuff than going to the track IMO....there's stupid things you don't consider while in your yard that you never will until it becomes an issue.....and no matter how many of those you find there's 10 more waiting to be discovered....

Plaidfish said:
ok here's where you notice the extra 220....bashing in your front yard you tag a sprinkler head and send your new buggy cartwheeling down the street and break some small front end pieces....bring your new ride to the hobby shop and HOLY CRAP....all those little pieces cost about 100 bucks to replace.....adn you still have the weaker set up...same thing happens twice and that's where you notice the difference.......trust me I've learned that lesson B4.....bashing is way harder on RC stuff than going to the track IMO....there's stupid things you don't consider while in your yard that you never will until it becomes an issue.....and no matter how many of those you find there's 10 more waiting to be discovered....

Are you saying that the pcr and pbs are not as strong as other buggies? Zandor and myself both have Ofna’s. He has the pcr and I have a couple of pbs’s, we have run these things hard and jumped off of all kinds of things doing back flips, front flips and the likes. Oh and our landing skills at times leaves something to be desired, the damage that we have sustained is minimal the front end pbs system on these buggies is very durable, and the front end parts are not very expensive. The standard damage if you are getting crazy air and bad landings are hing pins and maybe a pivot ball, I always keep a few of each on hand.

Ryhton said:
Are you saying that the pcr and pbs are not as strong as other buggies?

No that is not what he is saying. He is praising the PBS and the PCR and justifying the additional $220 vs. the Ofna Comp.

At least I think that is what the fish is saying.

Mr T

MR. T-maxx you are corect.....I was trying to point out that is where the other 220 bucks will be worth it up front rather than down the line....if he buys the cheaper one and wrecks it, he'll find the replacement parts rack up cost quickly.......and you will still have an inferior buggy.....

sorry Plaidfish, my misunderstanding and you are correct :cheers:

S' OK I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed sometimes either...usuall y takes 2 cups before I'm functioning properly...

So bassically ur saying this.

1. when bashing the pcr or pbs are much more durable.
2. If you hit something (which i have a tendency to do quite often) you will break less and if you do break somehting it wount be very expensive and you will still hae a touf buggy.
3. If i get the comp (not lookin real good) and smash into something i will break more and will pay more but have less. If that makes sence.
4. hyper kicks butt!

P.S. Plaidfish you probably wanna take ur 2 cups before trying to fully understand #3 :jk:

ok plus i need one more thing if you would. Can you tell me some upgrades from the comp to hyper. like what i would get parts wise. my dad wants to see a list before i order it. I no like the starter box and piviot ball suspension but can i have like a list please? thanx so much for all ur help guys (and grls). i really think if i get a good list the hyper pcr is all mine!

Ya that about covers it, I can't say much about the coffee though.

lol ya still looking for a list playas

I had 6 cups today WHOO HOO
I'm gonna die young from heart failure

Thats ashame fish. maybe you should consider 1 cup aday. Ok back on task. does the comp have the 8 gear dif mod on it like the hypers do? also i no thats the engine is better and it come with a starter box. beefer front end set up. am i missing anything thats important? fill me in guys thanks

The pbs has

stronger diffs
stronger more reliable engine
stronger much more durable parts
not sure about the comp, but the hyper parts are cheap!
strong shock towers
thick chassis
starter box

The buggy that top qualified at the worlds in was a hyper pcr pro, he was disqulified because he had 1cc too much fuel. Overall its just a great buggy compared to the lx comp. When it comes to this stuff you get what you pay for.

How would you compare the hyper 7 PBS to the 9.5 pro?
I just now looked at the OFNA site to see the differences and they claim the 9.5 to be their best buggy to date...but after seeing the pics of the suspension setups I think the HYper looks beefier...like my maxxes suspension....