LOL omg

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kuma

RCTalk Champion
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Just took out the Nitro MT with the newly installed 49/52t metal gear 2-speed transmission with 11/14t clutchbell on an HPI .12 R SS, about 5 mins later the gears were sounding funny and I took the engine off and saw the clutchbell gears were chewed up and the spur gears were still intact. I figure the clutchbell wasn't designed to work with metal spur gears, i'm wondering if there's any good replacement clutchbells and if the RS4 3 threaded gears clutchbell works?

MMM, you might check out robinson racing to see if they offer hardened clutch bell gears. I know any time you use steel spur gears you will want to use hardened clutch bell. It's almost better if it is almost like a billett clutch bell.

Originally posted by Kuma
Just took out the Nitro MT with the newly installed 49/52t metal gear 2-speed transmission with 11/14t clutchbell on an HPI .12 R SS, about 5 mins later the gears were sounding funny and I took the engine off and saw the clutchbell gears were chewed up and the spur gears were still intact. I figure the clutchbell wasn't designed to work with metal spur gears, i'm wondering if there's any good replacement clutchbells and if the RS4 3 threaded gears clutchbell works?

Hey!! Sort of havent been in here for awhile. But I saw you were just about the only one with MT stuff posted. I am debating on getting one. I have a Savage RTR and know it off the top of my head now. How well does the MT2 handle and are there a lot of hop ups and parts for it. I have been researching but havent seen much. I also see that you replaced your stock engines with others. How much better does it performe and what upgrades have you had to do to run with all the power those engines put out? I'd appreciate any insight or info you can share.
You can email or pm me as well.

Thanks

Back