LOL how do i get this antenna thru the straw?!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

roozy

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
i just can't push it all the way!! just needs to slide a few more inches..i've tried oiling it also

Make sure the "straw" lol has no kinks in it first... I use a dab of dish soap and coat the antenna before pushing it threw inch by inch...

Shock oil or Asstroglide works well.
If all else fails just use some spit.

ya i got it! ..just got my savage tonight but they forgot to throw in the glow plug igniter in the starter kit:angry: oh and why isn't there a prime button on the top of the gas tank to get the nitro pushin?

I can trade you my tank if you don't like yours.. I'll give you mine it has a primer...:LoL:

guess it doesn't need it..

The tank without the primer is a better tank. It has a rear pickup and no primer. The primers are notorious for causing air leaks. To prime yours just put your finger over the exhaust stinger and turn the engine over until the fuel reaches the carb, but not too much or you will flood it.

You could also blow into the stinger till the fuel reaches the carb.

Dont blow into the stinger, it tastes NASTY. Take the fuel line off, that connects to the pipe and blow until fuel reaches the carb, then pinch it and put it back on, and there you go.:thumbsup:

Originally posted by Smurfola212
Dont blow into the stinger, it tastes NASTY. Take the fuel line off, that connects to the pipe and blow until fuel reaches the carb, then pinch it and put it back on, and there you go.:thumbsup:

It'll taste nasty if you don't wipe it off first. Besides, why would you lick the stinger anyway? :wasted:

roozy: Try twisting the tube while gently working the antenna in. Sometimes this works but be carefull not to over do it and kink the antenna. Another thought I never tried but that should work, feed a heavey thread or fishing line through the tube and put a tiny dab of CA glue on the end of the antenna, then glue the thread to the very top and use the thread to pull the antenna through the tube. Cuttting 1/16 inch off the end to remove the thread or just cutting the very end would not hurt anything. Like I sais, I just got this thought and never tried it. You would have to make sure the glue spot was very tiny and not larger than the ID or the tube.

You could also use a pump like this to prime. Just use the yellow tip and plug this into your stinger and pump few times.

justvolleyball_1726_1200482

Back