Lipo to Esc connection

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WWREYN4

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
so I’m obviously new to this. What kind of connector do i need to hook this up to the esc?

IMG_8923.jpeg

IMG_8924.jpeg

Last edited:
XT60 on connector on the esc. The battery has 5mm bullet inboard. You can try to find or make a 5mm bullets to XT60. Or you can get rid of that esc plug and solder 5mm bullets on the esc.

Reminder, positive to positive and negative to negative when soldering and when plugging in the battery.

I accidently did reverse polarity one time. Fried my esc. Just a little puff of the magic blue smoke. It was on my old traxxas XL5 esc so i didn't care.

For 5mm bullets, I would use low profile bullets. I use TQ wire. But ProTek and 1UP RC are basically the same thing. I actually have 1UP RC 5mm bullets with their grips in my cart right now.

If you don't know or can't solder, any local hobby shops can do it for you.

These from eBay will work aswell. These can work as charge leads too.
XT60 to 5mm bullet

TQ wire low pro 5mm bullets
1UP with plug grips
ProTek
all brands are the same thing. I like 1UP since they come with grips so you don't damage the solder point or wire.

Is it an XT60 or an XT90? It should say on the side of the yellow housing.

Also, I'm pretty sure Protek LiPos use 4mm bullet connectors not 5mm

ProTek Graphene batteries are 5mm. At least they are on my 2s x 4600 7.6v HV 'shorty.'

Word of caution. It's not a blind 5mm either. It goes all the way through, and the terminals are open at the bottom. The graphene 7.6v is thinner than a conventional LiPo 7.4v and the male ends will push through to exposure on the underside.

OP's 5000 looks to be thicker, so that may not be an issue. 'AC'

ProTek Graphene batteries are 5mm. At least they are on my 2s x 4600 7.6v HV 'shorty.'

Word of caution. It's not a blind 5mm either. It goes all the way through, and the terminals are open at the bottom. The graphene 7.6v is thinner than a conventional LiPo 7.4v and the male ends will push through to exposure on the underside.

OP's 5000 looks to be thicker, so that may not be an issue. 'AC'
I didnt even realize that was a LiHV Graphene pack. Their regular LiPos are 4mm. Good to know :)

Yeah, that tripped me up too when I bought it. It has a dedicated battery lead not compatible with my other 4mm connector leads.

Guess with that 130C rating, ProTek is anticipating an amperage pull greater than 4mm can deliver?

Yeah, that tripped me up too when I bought it. It has a dedicated battery lead not compatible with my other 4mm connector leads.

Guess with that 130C rating, ProTek is anticipating an amperage pull greater than 4mm can deliver?
Judging from my tests on their normal LiPos Id be shocked if 4mm couldnt handle it lol

Back