5S Lipo NOPE!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Frumba57

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
Kraton 6s BLX motor and ESC, crammed into 1/10 Lasernut. What, it is $190 off.

But slow. Sure fast for rock crawler. But slow for 1/10 Arrma fill in the blank.

Zeee 5s, I’m sure the Lasernut can’t handle 6s. It limped around before cutting off.

Who knew the ESC can’t count 5 cells. It beeped 6 times (cell count). So it was in limp low voltage mode.

Threw a 4s Lipo at it. It took off like a bat out of hell.

2050kv motor
150a ESC
Pinion 17T (12T stock)

Too me Zeees are pure junk...get a better 5 cell

Pure Junk? What do you use? Always chasing a Lipo high. lol

Lots of people swear by Zeee batteries. I have been using them myself recently. They balance, charge and discharge well. And the IR holds ups. And they are half the price of some of the big name batteries

IMO I don’t think this is a quality issue. I think I had a ESC can’t read 5s issue. It beeped 6 times. Also, ran in limp mode then auto shut off.

I have a great record with Zeee. Yes SMC is top dawg, but all your bashes don’t need them. My .02

I have always used Zeee batteries and I will continue to use Zeee batteries.
I don't give a crap what some people say about them.

IMO I don’t think this is a quality issue. I think I had a ESC can’t read 5s issue. It beeped 6 times. Also, ran in limp mode then auto shut off.

I have a great record with Zeee. Yes SMC is top dawg, but all your bashes don’t need them. My .02

Most esc's can't read 5s battery cell count. Especially oem esc's that are set up for dual batteries (2x2s/3s/4s).

I know Castle esc's are able to detect the individual amount and beep 5 times indicating 5s.

If you want to run 5s the easiest would be to turn off the
LVC protection and use an external LVC on the batteries themselves. This way the ESC wouldn't go into limp mode thinking you have dead 6s batteries.