LiPo batts.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jester

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Anyone know where to score some good 3 cell LiPo packs? What's a good charger (cheap version) for LiPo. I've got the 959, but doubt that will work. I'm looking to go brushless in a couple 1/18th scale cars, and would like at least a couple LiPo packs. Anyone know where to get them at a reasonable price? Thanks.

Bill

Hi.. I myself drive a Mini-T with at Lehner BL motor and ESC.

I use Polymer 3 cell 11.1V packs also. I bought mine from www.b-p-p.com.

They have great service. An example of that is that my first shipment (I live in Denmark) got lost during shipping some how, but they send me another no questions asked.

Regarding getting some "cheap" Polymer packs I really don't know. They all seem to cost approx. the same.

Regarding the charger: Please!! do not use a cheap-o charger for theese cells. They are not to be handled carelessly. I use the Triton from Great Planes. It can be bought from $100 - 120 almost anywhere.. I also charges all my other batts for other cars/home.

Just my personal advice.

Thanks for the input. I'll check them out. I understand that they are all about the same in price, but with anything, somewhere has them (cheaper) then someone else. The cost of the charger isn't that big of a concern, I really want to know what the (cheapest) good charger is that will do the job. I just don't want people telling me to go pick up a GFX. This is going to be only for fun, so I don't want to invest a buch of money into batts, and yet another charger. Thanks again.

Bill

I run electric for the fun only also. I'm normally into nitro, but with that said I would hate to se my polys/living room go up in flames just because I didn't spend the last $20-30.

Its the 2-4+ packs of polymer cells that is going to cost anyway.

Btw. The Triton sharges NiCD & NiMH @ 5 AMPS and Polymer @ 2.5 A.

I hope you find what you need.

Regards from Denmark

www.cheapbatterypacks.com

The TP 3s1p 2100 11.1v is insane. The Hobbico twin charger is great and cheap and can charge two lipo packs at once. only 59.00 too.

Hehe yes. I would really like these 2100 cells to fit in my Mini-T, but the 1900's are allready a tight fit.

I'm sing the stock chassis.

Also:

If the charger you mention is this http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXCTZ5&P=ML

Then I would not use it for charging Polys. It is deigned for Lithium-ION and it has a different chemical construction, hence charging pattern. I have a friend who ruined one polymer cell (from ThunderPower) using this charger. He/we wrote to Hobbico and they also said not to charge polymers with it.

Btw. it was a 1900 mAh 11.1V sharged at 1A on the above charger.

Just thought I would mention it. I don't know if this is the charger you had in mind.

Regards