ECX Circuit Anyone?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rowdyray

RCTalk Talkaholic
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Crawling
  3. Flying
  4. Boating
Anyone else have one? About 15 years ago, I sold off everything but a couple nitro RC's to pursue planes and helis. Turns out I have two left thumbs. Even with a simulator, I suck. Lol. Should sell some of it.

Anyhoo...I was working some weird hours and looking for something I could run without the neighbors calling the cops. Found this Circuit in a pawshop for 50.00. Perfect. Looked like $hit. The previous owner had sprayed black paint over the body.

20170211_115559.jpg

Got a new body.

20170217_171221.jpg

I wasn't into lipos back then so, went with what I knew. Stuck a "Monster" 10T motor in it, Dynamite ESC and 7 cell NiMH hump packs. Stupid fun. And a great RC for others to play with. Durable as heck and I could hand it off to even the newest of noobs.

Until last summer, when my grandson broke an axle on a bad landing. Figured it was time for an upgrade. I have lipos and chargers now. Lol. Stuck a cheap Goolrc 3300 kV motor and Onyx 70 Amp ESC in it. Along with the metal diff and CVD's. On 2S it's a blast.
20230527_183953.jpg
20230527_190150.jpg

I would be surprised if it holds together on 3s.
I wanna run 3s on my rusty.Just have to get a battery and extended battery mounts

you are in for a heck of fun
and disaster. Might wanna get a lower kv motor to do so. 4000kv rn. 🤷‍♂️
3s in the slash will be insane.
I should do 4s. Just got to get the 2400kv motor. already have a 4s esc in that.

he clearly lists 2 cell with 3300 kv.

quote"
I wasn't into lipos back then so, went with what I knew. Stuck a "Monster" 10T motor in it, Dynamite ESC and 7 cell NiMH hump packs. Stupid fun. And a great RC for others to play with. Durable as heck and I could hand it off to even the newest of noobs.

Until last summer, when my grandson broke an axle on a bad landing. Figured it was time for an upgrade. I have lipos and chargers now. Lol. Stuck a cheap Goolrc 3300 kV motor and Onyx 70 Amp ESC in it. Along with the metal diff and CVD's. On 2S it's a blast.

he clearly lists 2 cell with 3300 kv.
Ik. I was just asking a question on if 3s and 4000kv for my truck would be alright.
2s and 3300kv, its about equivalent speed / power on a 12T brushed with 2s, but alot more efficient and smoother.

I'm a huge spoked wheel person. After you posted your picture, and those black spoke wheels, I went looking for some. I now remember why I never picked up any before... in store only. I don't get Horizon Hobby's thinking on moving ECX to in store only. Makes no sense.

In any case, enjoy the Circuit.

I'm a huge spoked wheel person. After you posted your picture, and those black spoke wheels, I went looking for some. I now remember why I never picked up any before... in store only. I don't get Horizon Hobby's thinking on moving ECX to in store only. Makes no sense.

In any case, enjoy the Circuit.
There’s a few of the ecx vehicles I would like to have had. “In store only” rules me out of as a purchaser

Back