LibertyMKiii's dream speed build (shooting for 200+mph)

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As usual slow progress.

Got most of the car mocked up and have done a first test in rear wheel drive config. Hoping to have the pins installed in the front axle soon.

1646776952655.png

1646776980214.png

Body has been made and painted, just need to shoot some clear coat on it.
Kraton 6s for size comparison:

1646777153566.png

1646777191718.png

As usual slow progress.

Got most of the car mocked up and have done a first test in rear wheel drive config. Hoping to have the pins installed in the front axle soon.

View attachment 143364

View attachment 143366

Body has been made and painted, just need to shoot some clear coat on it.
Kraton 6s for size comparison:

View attachment 143367

View attachment 143368

But the real question is......how long until you complete your airstrip to drive it on? 🤔 🤣 Lookin' good, I can't wait for the day when you really get to give it a go. 👍

This car fell hard on the back burner.

I started running a 1/7 scale Hobao VTE2 for all of 2023. Seeing the big dogs of speed running burning through thousands of dollars with crashes and electronics getting damaged I decided to focus on low cell speed running.
Low cell running really taught me quite a bit for system power and efficiency.

I found the max for my 1/7 scale VTE2 with the specific batteries and motor I was running was:
114 on 2s
134 mph on 3s
146 mph on 4 cell (on my 2nd try and believe that setup had 155+ in it.)

The best part of this was zero crashes, 1 set of tires for the full year and had lots of fun. Running on 6s or 8s would have been a different story.

We moved from Texas to Tennessee and I do not have a great RC car road here where we live. I sold the VTE2 car to fund some RC boat projects. If you have access to a decent sized pond RC boats are a ton of fun. Most of your RC car electronics can swap right over, which helped me save a little money.

I am in the middle of Zippkits FE 33 build and have 2 other of their boats. The outrigger RC boat design is by far the fastest and less prone to blow overs.

This was my recent 4 cell run with the R4 rigger.

Last edited:
Back