Lasic Eye Surgery.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FastEddy

The Slowest Guy In Town
Supporter
RCTalk Vendor
Reaction score
I'm scheduled to get my eyes zapped next week with the "New" Personal Lasic.

Has any one undergone the surgery with the New equipment?
Up until 3 months ago I wasn't a canadit for laser. I have 20-30 vision with way bad astigmatisms. They are telling me the new equipment is 600% more accurate than the old stuff and will do right by me.

I have done a lot of research and THINK I have decided to get it done. I'm just looking for some feedback from someone with the same conditions I have.

Thanks,
-Ed

Alls I can say is I sure as hell wouldn't do something like that. It's your eyes man! They mess those up and you could be blind forever. Which means...no more r/c

My mom had it done two or three years ago, and it's been good for her. She was legally blind without her glasses, without taking her astygmatism into account. She was at 20/200 or something equally rediculous. Now she has 20/20 vision.

Expect to be using eye drops for a while. You should be walking out of the lasic office without your glasses on.

Originally posted by kwong2001
Alls I can say is I sure as hell wouldn't do something like that. It's your eyes man! They mess those up and you could be blind forever. Which means...no more r/c

I take more of a chance of ruining my eyed reading your posts!
Everything we do has risks involved and I'm willing to take them in this instance.

You run more of a risk of being killed every time you get into a car than you do for loosing your eyesight from this procedure and you dont see my ass walking to work, do you?

Kitten Killer!!!!!!

My father just had it done in conjunction with cataract surgery, and my uncle has it done a few months ago.

They do one eye at a time, and both said the surgery itself was unpleasent, but not painful. You will have a terrible headache that evening, but the next day you will be fine. Have to use some god awful expensive eye drops for a few weeks afterwards. Both said they can now see perfectly, however sunlight is much brighter than before, so expect to wear sunglasses often

Now my opinon - there is no such thing as elective surgery. Every time you go in for surgery, there is the possibility of death. The failure rate for blindness in Lasic is .0012% That means that for every 10,000 people who get the surgery, 12 will go blind. That is ALOT! I'm not taking those odds, ill stick with contacts. My personal opinion, and my mothers too (who is a doctor) is that you should only get surgery if the alternative is death.

My wife had it done about 2 years ago. She has now 20/20 vision and corrected astygmatism. No more glasses for her.

The procedure took less than 1 hour and she only had to wear some darkened protection glasses for about 3 days or so. And you have to wear some kind of swim googles looking things during your bedtime.

Thomas

canadit for laser?????? I just hope you dont lose your ability to spell.. :) sorry, couldnt help myself.. My sister had it done and said it was the best decision she ever made.. Good Luck!!

Let me pound the magic shroom ball into the eye and we will fix it!

I know MANY of people who have had this done without a problem every time. Just make sure you are going to someone who has a reference list the size of Britannica and has been established for some time. It is your eyes we are talking about so do the research.

Thats my 2 cents (and a half if you count the shroom)

There is no issues with the reputation of the Dr. He has performed many thousand operations over the last 7 years and teaches the procedure in our aria for the Laser Manufacturer. I throughly researched the DR. and equipment 3 years ago before my wife got it done and again last week.

My concern is with the new procedures he will be using. I have researched all the equipment that will be used. He has and is certified on all of it. He has been doing laser surgery for 7 years and has had only 1 malpractice suite filed. According to the FDA this is a phenomenal record.

The procedure used for my eyes is relatively new. He has only preformed 452 operations with the same specifications as mine, and 1003 with the new laser equipment.

I was looking to see if anyone here has had a sever astigmatism fixed in the last few months.

The risks are fully known to me, Given the fact that my left eye is near legally blind the risk is one I'm willing to take.

One more vote of confidence, My sister in law got the surgery she was also legally blind in one eye and even with the thinest Len's they were the size of coke bottles. They were able to get her eyes to 20/20.

As long as you are going to a reputable doctor I'm sure you will be fine and also be very happy you did it.

Hey! You better get that fixed before I get there or I'm driving!

Originally posted by Çh®i§tiªñ
Hey! You better get that fixed before I get there or I'm driving!

You should see the right side of my truck. :eek:pps:

I had mine done at Barnett-Dulaney in Phx, and I had astigmatism in one eye. It went very well. Just make sure you buy a full box of the natural eye drops they suggest. Keep putting drops in every 10 minutes. Try to wake up at night and put them in every 1/2 hour. I woke up the next day, and was able to see stuff I never knew were there.

Originally posted by RAMTech-RC
I had mine done at Barnett-Dulaney in Phx, and woke up the next day, and was able to see stuff I never knew were there.

Think Ill find a new Women? :banana:

Back