Kyosho Fazer MK2 chassis work?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gragner66

RCTalk Qualifier
Reaction score
Was wondering if anyone had actually tore into the chassis and had a good look at it. Saw where some of the forum members had done some hop up work. I’ve seen some interesting things on here. This cup on on steering knuckle. What’s the purpose of it. Looks like it would cut down on clearance The font can be converted to turnbuckles but the rear can’t.

IMG_8915.jpeg

IMG_8914.jpeg

IMG_8916.jpeg

Was wondering if anyone had actually tore into the chassis and had a good look at it. Saw where some of the forum members had done some hop up work. I’ve seen some interesting things on here. This cup on on steering knuckle. What’s the purpose of it. Looks like it would cut down on clearance The font can be converted to turnbuckles but the rear can’t.

View attachment 183260

View attachment 183261

View attachment 183262
What are those cups even for? Looks like it would just get caught on stuff. Maybe you’re supposed to cut them off? Idk looks weird though.

My thoughts exactly. All is is a screw and nut to hold steering arm to knuckle. I know it’s meant to be on the budget priced side of things but seems like over kill

The cup looks like a limiter, removing it would probably start problems like those plastic shafts popping out etc... The Fazer is more of a looker than a performer. The finished bodies that come with it are worth like >50% of the price of the whole thing IMO. If you really want performance, even tamiya's TTs looks like better platforms, not to mention serious touring car chassi...es? Chassisssss? Whatever is the plural.

If you really want performance, even tamiya's TTs looks like better platforms, not to mention serious touring car chassi...es? Chassisssss? Whatever is the plural.
The TT barely drives straight without a lot of work (and money), both the TT0s, 4tec, Fazer, V100, Redcat Thunder, and Apex2 are in the same category of basic on-roaders.

Some of them come with giant plastic dogbones, so they have limiters built in to them to keep everything together.

On-road can be a real money pit when you start to chase after performance with a chassis like this one.

I don't know if Carten is popular or even available in the US, but they have some great budget friendly race ready TCs.

The cup looks like a limiter, removing it would probably start problems like those plastic shafts popping out etc... The Fazer is more of a looker than a performer. The finished bodies that come with it are worth like >50% of the price of the whole thing IMO. If you really want performance, even tamiya's TTs looks like better platforms, not to mention serious touring car chassi...es? Chassisssss? Whatever is the plural.
It’s bolted together so it won’t pop off unless it’s a super major wreck.